Bedrock Analytics Corporation, a VC-funded Bay Area software company, is seeking a talented category management analyst to join our team in our Oakland HQ. The analyst will interact with CEOs, Sales and Marketing VPs, Directors of Analytics and other decision makers at our CPG customers. The main responsibilities of this role entails helping CPG customers structure their syndicated data, provide guidance on how best to pull data and provide analytical consulting services to key customers. Bedrock works with some of the most innovative brands in the consumer packaged goods industry across the world. Learn more at www.bedrockanalytics.com
- Collaborate with the sales and software teams to translate customer requirements into data requirements that work on the Bedrock platform.
- Create SPINS, IRI, or Nielsen syndicated data reports and import onto Bedrock Cloud-based software platform for consumer products clients.
- Maintain data integrity and maintenance of customer reports.
- Identify opportunities to improve customer onboarding process.
- Provide guidance to fast-growing disruptive consumer goods company’s senior leadership
- Develop relationships with fast-growing, disruptive consumer products companies, focusing on both the main contact as well as senior leadership.
- Assist Customer Success Manager with training and on-boarding of new customers
- Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to synthesize data & simplify findings to solve client business issues
- Project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Able to work collaboratively with internal teams & external customers
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Takes high degree of ownership on work
- Passionate about technology
- Quality Control – Strong analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Open mind to learn new software and skills
- Personable & cool under pressure
- Extremely proficient with Excel & PowerPoint
- Highly detailed oriented
Background and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 1-5 years’ experience
- Experience with syndicated data (SPINS, IRI, Nielsen)
- Experience with retail data portals (RetailLink, WholeFoods Portal, Market6, POL)
- Expert proficiency with retail analytics
- Willingness to travel 5% of the time
- Related industries include: Consumer Packaged Goods, Consulting, Information, Sales/Retail Analytics
- You know the difference between a vlookup and an hlookup and can offset an array in Excel without breaking a sweat
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity option grants
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- Modern office with rooftop view of Lake Merritt
- Work with some of the most innovative CPGs
- Close-knit team of CPG experts & technologists
- Being part of changing the largest industry in the world
About this company
Bedrock Analytics helps CPG manufacturers leverage the power of data-driven analytics to pitch convincing stories to big retailers. Bedrock powers the most disruptive and innovative companies in the CPG industry. Together, we can grow sales and seize opportunities faster than any CPG manufacturer that doesn’t leverage our next-gen technologies to compete.
Location/Region: Bay Area