The Floor Planner is responsible to ensure delivery of floor plan and fixture development at store level in support of strategic, category and format initiatives. S/he will manage all macro-space tools to ensure delivery and improvement of rule sets and guidelines, to develop and maintain the best floor plans for our stores that meet the needs of our consumers. This role understands the strategies for each banner and influences the development of prototype fixture plans to ensure strategies are delivered upon and business objectives are met.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions:
- Supports AUSA sales and profit objectives as it relates to developing, analyzing, and maintaining macro space rules and guidelines down to micro space management rules, guidelines and standards.
- Develops effective fixture plans to support fresh and center store merchandising ensuring equality among all major departments for each banner.
- Supports the development of all banners fixture plans, and the process required, assuring that local consumer needs are met and plans are communicated to the organization appropriately.
- Continually seeks out new and innovative cases, fixtures, and on shelf fixtures to further enhance our ability to deliver on the customer experience.
- Provides effective communication to merchandising and retail leadership across all banners regarding fixture plan changes and merchandising plans on a timely basis.
- Leverages technology and resources in the creation of floor and merchandising plans when they provide a competitive advantage or financial benefit.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Retail Implementation and Managers of Planogram Development to measure and adjust processes that enhance our ability to react timely to change and provide for effective communication across Merchandising.
- Provides training for all macro space associates as well as strategic support for all associates on adapted corporate merchandising principles, practices and systems.
- Delivers and maintains store-specific merchandising plans that accurately meet the needs of our target consumer for that market in support of Non-Perishable and Fresh businesses.
- Responsible for delivery and maintenance of accurate and growth-oriented floor plans, aligning space, fixtures and execution.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Work Experience/Education Required:
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience working with JDA Software
- Category Merchandising Experience a plus
- Programming and Grocery Retail experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required:
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions
- Ability to use independent judgment in resolving problems and issues
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Ability to work closely with a multi-functional, cross-company team environment
- Business Acumen
- Customer focused
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Skills
- Priority Setting
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH