The Mars Petcare Walmart, Inc. eComm Team Lead will be a key player in continuing the development of Mars Petcare ecommerce business at Walmart. Walmart is Mars Petcare’s largest global customer and one of its top eComm customers, with business across walmart.com, Jet.com, samsclub.com and other Walmart, Inc. eComm properties. This role will include both team leadership as well as direct account management on one or more eComm properties. Key accountabilities include: building and translating the Walmart, Inc. eComm 3-year strategic plan into action through developing, executing and measuring clear joint business plans & sustainable business practices.
• Act as Team Lead (manager) for Walmart, Inc. eComm and also sales account manager with Jet.com and sams.com; manage the Mars Petcare Walmart.com account manager (1) and eComm analyst team (1-2).
• First point of contact for customer development and leadership. Contact and influence at Senior Buying Manager / Category Director level to develop strong sustainable relationships.
• Lead, engage, and develop team of direct report and multifunctional partner associates to deliver sales, financial and share targets across Walmart, Inc. eComm.
• Develop and execute joint business plans (eJBP) linked to the 3 year eComm strategy. Responsible for customer loyalty and customer satisfaction.
• Deliver agreed targets for Walmart, Inc. and lead processes and ways of working to ensure full alignment with the overall business goals. Ensure strong collaboration with Sales leader and sales team to develop sustainable and compliant customer programs.
• Develop strong partnership and tight alignment with Mars Petcare corporate eComm leadership and Sales Planning and Operations (located in Nashville); ensure consistency of planning, business practices and reporting.
• Develop, document and continuously measure against the strategic roadmap enabling eCommerce team to achieve goals.
• Report customer activities & results and share market & customer insights with Management/Sales team and Mars eComm community.
• Lead development & review of “test & learn” activities to accelerate eComm capabilities and Customer alignment.
• Annual direct report development plan creation, identifying MLC (Mars Leadership Capabilities) focus aligned with individual associate’s current objectives and career goals.
• On-going associate engagement score improvement.
8 years relevant Sales experience in Account management, strategic and tactical planning and/or analytics
3+ years eComm or digital experience
Experience with trade & financial management
Proven line management skills and experience leading and developing talent
Digital customer experience and ability to build compelling category and joint business plans
Proven ability to develop strong internal & external networks (e.g. senior levels) and gain action through others
Advanced negotiation and selling skills
Ability to build, gain alignment and deliver strategic & tactical plans
Ability to measure & report results
Ability to travel up to 35% of the time
Successful completion of drug screen and background check
MBA or Advanced degree
CPG industry experience strongly preferred
9+ years relevant Sales experience in Account management, strategic and tactical planning and/or analytics
4+ years eComm or digital experience
Digitally savvy and contemporary knowledge of CPG and grocery retailer Ecommerce business models
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Bentonville, AR or Nashville, TN