Manage and motivate the sales efforts of our Retail Food Brokers within the region to achieve company volume, share and profit goals within budgeted trade-spending parameters. Manage the success of Bumble Bee Seafoods at Kroger and their affiliates.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
- Develop and execute trade promotion plans to ensure volume, share and profitability goals are achieved using the most effective and efficient fiscal practices.
- Manage the broker organization by monitoring market specific goals designed to attain company objectives. Cultivate professional relationships at all levels of the broker organization to assure expectations are broadly communicated and embraced.
- Effectively manage trade spending and customer marketing funds by performing post promotional analysis of all key promotions to reconcile accruals, determine value received from expenditures and use these learnings in future planning.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of promotions to avoid un-accrued deductions and ensure accurate financial accounting.
- Aggressively manage deductions to resolution to achieve outstanding balance goals.
- Execute new item introductions utilizing all sales materials and tools to meet, or exceed company distribution goals. Identify distribution opportunities for existing SKU’s by market, by customer, submitting a payout analysis with all New Item Distribution proposals for approval prior to making an offer.
- Execute targeted pricing levels to attain company profitability goals, while achieving at least margin parity with key competitors.
- Communicate with customer service, production planning and trade marketing personnel, volume requirements for new and existing products through the completion of accurate monthly forecasts and, as needed, the submission of item alerts for produced-to-order, or large promotional quantities.
- Review business through regular analysis of syndicated consumption data and sales, by customer, segment and item, to identify trends and develop action plans to correct, or capitalize on those trends as needed. Use all key performance indicators to evaluate the health of the business monthly. Understand competitive, price and merchandise relationships and develop business plans accordingly.
- Understand basic Category Management “Best Practices” and utilize these principals in fact based selling to establish Bumble Bee Seafoods as the leading national seafood supplier in North America. Use all available tools to provide professional sales presentations for the brokers and to the customers.
- Communicate and enforce company policies in a fair and equitable manner with all customers.
- Develop account relationships to establish a direct positive relationship with the customer apart from the broker relationship, to ensure communication channels remain open and Bumble Bee Seafoods is held in high regard.
- Ensure company retail merchandising standards are implemented by training retail sales personnel on product attributes, planogram objectives, shelf standards, rotation policies and point of sale.
- Ensure effective and efficient time and expense management when traveling for the company as outlined by company policy.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in regards to business dealings with internal and external customers.
- Conduct business in a highly professional and ethical manner with both brokers and customers.
- Base business decisions on the good of the company, rather than an individual market or region.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, or business preferred.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of broker management experience.
- Computer literate; intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of syndicated data analysis in a selling platform.
- Able to travel at least 50% of the time for business.
About the Company
Bumble Bee Foods, LLC, headquartered in San Diego, is North America’s largest branded shelf-stable seafood company, offering a full line of canned and pouched tuna, salmon, sardine and specialty protein products marketed in the U.S. under leading brands including Bumble Bee®, Brunswick®, Snow’s®, Wild Selections® and Beach Cliff®, and in Canada under the Clover Leaf® brand.
Bumble Bee's mission is to provide healthy and nutritious products and meal solutions that are sourced sustainably. The company actively promotes the responsible stewardship of global fisheries resources and is a founder of the International Seafood Sustainability Foundation (ISSF) — a global partnership of scientists, tuna processors and WWF, the global conservation organization.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bumble Bee Seafoods, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender, identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Location/Region: Remote - Work from Home