At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our Trade Marketing team is looking for a driven and adaptable Team Leader, Trade Marketing whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, you will work with the Director Trade Marketing, Marketing, Finance, Field Sales, and Sr. Leadership in developing, communicating and implementing brand strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Development of the Strategic Business Unit go to market retail trade strategy plans for sales execution to include: pricing strategies, distribution strategies, development of promotional trade fund spend rates, promotional merchandising strategies (depth/frequency) and development of the field guidelines/policies around customer trade spending.
- Collaborate and provide key customer insights and requirements with our cross-functional marketing partners regarding consumer promotion plans; develop retail activation plans and strategies to execute with field sales team.
- Oversee the allocation by the Customer Development team of the annual trade budgets to insure execution against the trade marketing strategies and delivery against the assigned brand profit and net sales growth objectives.
- Provide key customer insights to the Innovation/Marketing teams to assist in the understanding and development of brand/innovation strategies, including: Lead-time requirements, customer policies, costs/fees, category insights, competitive, customer specific strategies, customer promotional strategies, and customer organizational objectives.
- Analysis work to evaluate trade, customer, and competitive issues and opportunities. Provide business case and recommendations to management.
- Serve as key sales lead for the assigned SBU for the Marketing VP’s/Directors, Field Sales VP’s, Directors, and Team Leads both internally/externally, Finance and Operations departments.
- Complete ownership and accountability for all things within the SBU as it relates to trade strategy, execution of the strategy, support, communication, and issue resolution.
- Execution of the annual sales planning process, timing, communication and details around the strategies leading up to the presentations and executions of the information at the annual sales meeting.
- Execute the performance management process with their direct reports including development plans, career progression development, learning opportunities, and overall coaching and directing in the identified core trade marketing competencies.
- Attend Strategic Business Unit team meetings to represent sales and provide direction and insight related to tactical and strategic business decisions.
- Collaborate with Demand Planning and Marketing on monthly forecasts, provide sales input and communicate low inventory levels or cuts appropriately to include monthly S&OP and Sku Authorization Meetings. Train, coach, and develop the next generation of field sales leaders for the organization; incorporate training of all identified trade marketing core competencies.
- Development of a seamless communication flow throughout the organization (Sales, Marketing, Finance, Logistics, and Sr. Management).
- Identify challenges and issues facing the Sales organization in the Marketplace using Church & Dwight internal database systems (Nielsen, Siebel) and feedback from Field Sales.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 15+ years of experience in CPG industry with internal and external sales experience.
- Proven experience leading a Trade Marketing Team in a CPG company.
- Proven record of talent development.
- Strong technology skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Syndicated Data (IRI/ACNielsen), Trade Funds System Management (Siebel preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to develop trade strategies including pricing and promotions.
- Strong analytical skills and adept at problem solving.
- Understanding of retailer go to market strategies and class of trade/channel dynamics.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills).
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods