Performs category analyses using a range of syndicated and non-syndicated data sources to support customer initiatives. Customer initiatives can include product, promotion, pricing, placement, people (shopper engagement & behavior changes), and process issues that will require fact-based resolutions.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Category KPIs
- Ability to complete sales performance decomposition - interpretation related to the core business question
- Decompostion via Nielsen (Base & Incremental)
- Decompostion via 84.51 (Household Penetration and Buy Rate)
- Category Management Approach (5 Ps)
- Pre/Post promotional analyses –
- Understand the promotional scorecard and can explain it to others
- Distribution analyses –
- Understand the Key Drivers of Change and can explain it to others as well as abilty to access Nielsen/IRI in order to dig deeper
- External Performance Metrics
- Perform competitive analysis to identify : trends, opportunities, market share gap, and challenges to the core business (via Homescan, Mintel, Nielsen, Euromonitor, Planet Retail, etc.)
- Ability to develop concise fact-based story along with correlated next steps (recommendations)
- Data Driven Relationships
- Learning to Resolve problems & issues by identifying customer issues and pain points via probing sessions.
- Learning to develop effective and accurate reporting tools that addresses the specific business issue/questions
- Understand sales, distribution, promotional, and product information and their implications at the GO as well as division level
- Resource knowledge: ability to efficiently & effectively access and Interpret the following: KCMS, Nielsen, Market 6, Mintel, & Euromonitor)
- Validate new item and innovation opportunities by quantifying with opp gaps, need states, and trend information for the Kroger Category Strategy Mgr (CSM) and Merchandising Manager
- Have a clear understanding of customer processes (e.g. Kompass: Assortment add/delete decisions & execution, Sales Planning, etc.)
- Uncover and develop new business opportunities
- Develop a basic understanding of Kroger logistics - supply chain and warehouse logistics
- Create & present the quantitative reasoning of new item and innovation opportunities to Kroger CSM and Merchandising Manager
- Identify new product opportunities by attending webinars, utilizing research tools, and re-occurring competitive retailer checks
- Gain a basic understanding of vendor/supplier assortment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 1.5 years work experience
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Knowledge of the some following resources: Nielsen syndicated, Homescan, Spectra, 84.51, Mintel & Kroger systems
- Strong PC skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and work independently, with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of category management methods & analytics, fact-based selling, marketing analysis & planning as well as problem-solving skills
- Possess the ability to see the “big picture” and pull out meaningful insights and actions
- Adaptable in fast-paced environments, while remaining proactive and efficient.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH