Position Summary/Essential Duties:
The Senior Development Officer is responsible for the engagement, cultivation and solicitation of potential donors to support the mission of University Hospitals. The major focus of their fundraising efforts is securing gifts from individuals at the major gift ($100,000+) level.
• Develop and execute major gift fundraising strategies in alignment with the priorities of University Hospitals to maximize philanthropic results
• Identify, engage, cultivate and solicit prospective donors to University Hospitals
• Effectively lead and ensure alignment of key stakeholders, both internal and external, in support of initiatives, events, campaigns, and special projects
• Appropriately steward assigned donors in alignment with IR&D stewardship policies & protocols
• Meet or exceed annual visitation, solicitation and attainment goals as defined in collaboration with IR&D and University Hospitals
• Engage Administrative Leadership, Physician Staff and Volunteer Leaders (Board) in support of the mission and vision of University Hospitals
• Actively participate in UH IR&D development activities
• Lead special projects as assigned and approved by IR&D and University Hospitals
• Serve as a mentor and provide strategic guidance to Development Officers and other team members as appropriate
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced Degree preferred.
Experience & Knowledge:
Five to eight years of demonstrated consistent closing of six and seven figure gifts or significant (10+ years) related experience managing relationships that produce measurable results (i.e. sales experience). Must have prolific results in meeting/exceeding established goals.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Ability and energy to build new fund raising programs. Ability to lead through collaboration/alignment of key stakeholders. Strong team/partnership skills required. Ability to manage a portfolio of high level prospects with a high degree of results. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH