The Business Development Manager supports and guides the Sales Planning team to deliver overall growth and profitability within the category. They are the voice of sales & advocate of the retailer, utilizing his/her expertise in the category to pull together critical work-streams and processes with internal cross functional teams. The Associate brings the Customer Agenda together with existing data to create a one demand approach to ways of working. This involves working closely with vital functions to gain alignment on key initiatives across the Sales, Operations and Marketing teams to support the Field Account Teams, enabling them to deliver industry leading category growth trade strategy and insights in the Retailer environment. He/She is responsible for the Sales Toolkit, Rules of Engagement and Supply Allocation processes, which in turn deliver over-all category value, and drive the preparation of necessary and compelling supporting materials that tie directly back to the overall Petcare Category Vision for sell-in with customers.
- Ownership of the Sales Toolkit Process, enabling the Sales Planning Managers to deliver a best in class toolkit:
- Establishing Critical Timelines by enrolling cross-functional partners
- Ensuring Consistency across Business Managemnt Team that ladders back into the overarching Petcare & Category Growth Platforms:
- Template structure
- Delivering improvement feedback
- Legal Review
- Organizing and facilitating critical check-points across the cross-functional stakeholders (Sales Planning, Marketing, Category Insights, CMI, etc) and the Management team.
- Coordinating the deployment of the finished product via:
- Web based delivery system
- Webinar educational session coordination
- Reviewing and adjusting the process by seeking Field Sales input, refining the approach for constant, ongoing improvements.
- Being a critical communication link for Field Sales and company management by providing the Sales Voice:As a member of the National Sales Meeting Committee, helping design breakouts, pre-work and post review to enable a best in class strategy session.
- Working on critical work-streams &/or projects (e.g. price lists, tiered launch strategy).
- Building and maintaining the Sales Rules of Engagement for the internal cross-functional teams.
- Being a critical communication link between Field Sales and Company Management by disseminating company information via the Petcare 411 and Sales Bulletins, in a timely actionable manner.
- Leading the Supply Allocation & Constraint Process (when necessary) including attendance at Supply Ops Huddle meetings & outlining customer priorities.
- Responsible for being a high contributing member of a high performance team –
- Quality development plan in place for self with goals that are measurable & stretching, filling any competency development gaps.
- Embracing the tone, motivation, common purpose and specific expectations of the team to contribute to the team’s success in the achievement of company goals
- Being an integral member of driving engagement within the team and for the broader sales organization.
- Demonstrating break-through thinking, above and beyond the current plan to close any existing gaps and / or stretching to ‘how high is high?’
Critical Mars Leadership Capabilities:
- Problem solving
- Functional and Analytical skills
- Written and verbal communication
- Influencing without Authority
- Organizational Agility and Creating Collaborative Relationships
- Business Acumen
- Channel Planning & Execution
- Delivering Consistent Results
Key Supporting Competencies:
- People leadership and effective project management skills
- Strategic Agility - Clear understanding of CPG selling strategies, channels, the sales planning process, and operations side of selling
- Knowledge of the business – its mission, strategies, products, and services and the industry in which we compete, and understanding of the key business parameters and methods to achieve corporate objectives
- Dealing with Ambiguity
Minimum of a BA/BS in a business related field with minimum 5 years of business experience in CPG industries, working with customers in Sales, Customer Service, Logistics, Marketing Services, Brand Marketing or other similar function. The preferred candidate will also prior Account Management and/or Sales Planning experience as well as strong computer and systems literacy, solid understanding of industry and trade channel and the ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Franklin, TN