Reporting to the Director or Senior Director, the incumbent is responsible for the overall management of a single account with limited categories and limited team functions or a key category or categories within a larger account in the brokerage business. If an Account Lead, he/she has overall responsibility for execution of strategic plans, business plans, budgeting, hiring for the account team.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
• Achieve budgeted goals for area of accountability
• Support account team in the development of sales plans
• Increase Daymon business connectivity with customers
• Effectively negotiate supplier commission rates to grow category or team revenue.
• Ensure execution of the LAMP framework to identify the most critical initiatives and relationships and work with the team to lay out short and long term plans to achieve relationships at the appropriate level for the account or assigned category business unit
• Allocate resources at the account level or within assigned category business unit
• Demonstrate functional expertise in all facets of Private Brand & Branding via on-the-job development, educational and networking opportunities
• Develop strong supplier relationships by obtaining alignment and developing and delivering on mutually established goals.
• Ensuring appropriate amount of support (time & resource allocation) for our top relationships
• Attract, develop and retain key talent to enable the execution of the collective goals of the customer and the enterprise
• Assure succession plans are in place for critical roles
• Motivates, directs and inspires team members to deliver on the agreed upon metrics of the customer and suppliers in conjunction with the needed resources/teams across the enterprise
• Driving Employee Satisfaction: Continuously enhance the trust and work experience of associates to make Daymon a desired workplace
• Identify expected level of decision-making and expected level of risk-taking for team members
• Execute new strategic initiatives for the account or the assigned categories
• Elevate the conversation with customer to the strategy level, within assigned categories
• Manage the Daymon value equation with appropriate stakeholders and ensure it is understood and advanced
• Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to cost/value
• Foster thought leadership within account team
• Demonstrate an understanding of the Private Brand landscape, best practices and where customers currently exist in these areas
• Typically 3+ reports (ABMs, BMs); must develop team members’ roles and responsibilities
• Owns director-level relationships with assigned customer and suppliers
• Directs, delegates and empowers effectively
A) Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/Graduate Degree preferred
• 5 years of professional work experience required; 7 years preferred
• Experience in building and nurturing brands; private brand management a plus
• Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams
B) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
• Ability to contribute to setting and achieving budgets, if Account Lead
• Proven track record of developing talent, and ability/willingness to mentor associates
• Good grasp of Product Development, Marketing, Retail, Category Management, and Logistics
• Highly effective in building and maintaining customer and associate relationships
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO