The Sales Specialist is responsible to enhance and create the event volume for retail account through analytics, presentations, proposals and strong relationship development. Collaborate with the VP Operations in developing and monitoring client’s event marketing strategy; proactively identify additional opportunities to enhance the business. The core responsibilities of the Sales Specialist are to sell Interactions’ services to internal and external clients, to provide excellent customer service, to manage event volume to available staffing, and to manage client accounts regarding event confirmations, payments owed, post event analysis, and development of positive working relationships. The Sales Specialist is responsible for meeting sales targets weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions:
- Acts as a liaison between the company, vendors, buyers, corporate and field staff for day-to-day client servicing; including client status updates, client requirements and deliverables management, budget performance, and prompt and accurate issue resolution
- Develop sales plan, continuously monitor program execution, performance and objectives and provide relevant recaps of specific special events.
- Deliver measurable results to the client for their brands through effective communication and superior follow-up with the client, internal agency, and all third party vendors
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager on best business practices to help build value proposition
- Increase event volume by enhancing the vendor relationships and partnering with retail Category Managers to identify event opportunities and create event marketing campaigns.
- Strategize with Sales Manager to accomplish weekly business growth goals and provide back-up support as needed
- Responsible to run ad hoc reports as requested to ensure accurate data, program details, and results
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual vendor event sales goals.
- Collaborate with internal and external functional departments to ensure exceptional execution of events at retail account.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned
Work Experience/Education Required:
- Must have five (5) years of experience in client management/sales within a fast-paced team environment with strong attention to detail while managing multiple tasks
- Ability and disciplined in handling confidential information with a sense of urgency
- Working knowledge of marketing skills a plus
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Business, Management, Communication, retail or food industry a plus
- Must be able to work unsupervised as needed
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required:
- Exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows-like interface, proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point and Access
- Communication Skills Oral and Written
- Intrapersonal/Interpersonal Skills: Ability to intuitively understand the needs of consumers and shoppers, translate those insights into action; solid networking skills; ability to interact with Area Managers, employees, vendors and customers
- Analytical Skills
- Math Skills
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: Quincy, MA