Desktop Support Specialist I
Ainsworth Pet Care
TITLE: Desktop Support Specialist I
REPORTS TO: Manager, IT Service Desk
Overall Focus: To provide support and assistance to Ainsworth employees in the day to day use of their personal computers and peripherals to accomplish their business goals.
FLSA DESIGNATION: Salary exempt
Salary Grade: 13
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES and ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Diagnose and resolve unique, nonrecurring problems associated with application software and operating systems; determine the source of problems and classify their level, priority and nature.
* Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
* Install and support PC, laptop, tablet and mobile hardware and software (certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft or HDI are a plus).
* Create alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve the desktop team function.
* Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
* Maintain inventory of installed software, hardware and peripherals.
* Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
* Provide first level technical support for network issues
* Provides assistance and support to other team members as needed
* Participates in the development of systems standards, short and long term goals, project management, and strategic directions of the IS Team
* Keeps current on new developments and techniques in information technology
* Works on projects as assigned
* Assumes responsibility for own personal development and continuous learning
* Lives by the Ainsworth Values
* Performs other related duties as assigned
(Knowledge and skills necessary to meet organizational objectives)
Education/Training: Associate degree in Computer Science, BS in related field preferred
Certifications/Licenses: A+ certification, Network + certification (preferred)
Experience: 1 + years experience in PC support or related field
(Abilities required of all positions)
- Ability to identify key issues and relationships based on information being communicated by a variety of resources
- Making decisions based on logical assumptions combined with factual information while keeping the organizational values and goals in mind
- An understanding of the love for pets and the importance of the pet/pet parent relationship
- Enduring energy and engagement in the Ainsworth Pet Nutrition culture
- Be a brand and company evangelist
- Working and communicating appropriately and effectively across roles and departments
- Understanding and working towards the long term goals of Ainsworth Pet Nutrition as a unified force
* Customer Intimate
- Understanding and exceeding the customer's needs and expectations, both externally and internally
- Ability to use, understand, and learn from unreserved, honest conversations with other individuals, while still respecting all those involved in the dialogue
- Open, forthright communication that stimulates debate and new ideas amongst a group, as well as with yourself
- Does what they say they are going to do
- Instills trust through actions and behaviors
* Change Agent
- Can adjust to a new environment quickly
Accepts change as a way of life and works proactively to adapt
JOB- RELATED COMPETENCIES
(Abilities required of this position)
* Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Office 365 desirable)
* Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
* Familiar with ITIL fundamentals and SLA driven Service Desk software
* Ability to repair and troubleshoot PC problems
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
* Must be able to work flexible hours with minimal or no supervision.
* Must be customer focused
(Necessary to perform essential functions of job with or without an accommodation)
Ability to regularly function in a typical office environment and operate related equipment – computer, copier, telephone, etc., as well as, low risk manufacturing environment – able to observe and get around equipment, using PPE, if required. Must be able to move computers and related equipment from one location to another.
Ability to occasionally travel by plane, car or other ground transportation, as needed.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
Salary: US$18 - US$28 per year
Location/Region: Wexford, PA