First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
The Senior Software Solution Architect works with the required Infrastructure, Application Development and Information Security teams to design and implement Cloud-based infrastructure solutions to support First American's migration to the Cloud. This role requires solid knowledge of server, storage, networking and security infrastructure solutions and their applicability in a Cloud environment. The ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas / topics to non-technical audiences as well as technical personnel.
- Work with customers, stakeholders, product managers, and product owners to understand and maintain a high level understanding of the current and upcoming requirements for the system
- Understand and communicate the nonfunctional requirements for the system
- Evaluate design alternatives, and perform cost benefit analysis
- Develop and maintain whatever models and documentation are necessary to describe how the system does what it is intended to do, including recommended domain and user case models
- Define and split large architectural objectives into smaller incremental objectives
- Present the technological vision of the solution during planning, provide domain models and exemplary use cases that describe larger system behavior, and participate actively in interactively during the planning process
- Champion change by serving as a resource to help teams make appropriate system and component level design decisions during implementation
- Top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized phases of applications programming.
- Research, design, write, test and implement complex software applications and systems
- Provide practical, actionable approaches to overcoming technical and procedural challenges in implementing strategy.
- Lead Architect governance.
- Champion change; drive and set technical direction affecting multiple groups/business units.
- Provide leadership by instructing, mentoring and training team members within and outside the work group.
- Work with other architects to establish common roadmaps in support of upcoming user and business needs
- Interact with and influence senior management on technical matters requiring coordination between organizations.
- Provides technical consulting on complex projects.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Fluent in multiple application development languages at an expert level
- Expertise with various computer platforms and application environments and automated testing
- Expertise with developing multiple tiers of multi-tiered software applications
- Expertise in designing programs, applications and systems
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the skill level of the department and the company
- Must have conceptual understanding of domain technologies.
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual ideas/topics to non-technical personnel
- Presentation skills
- Strong organizational or Project Management skills
- Ability to design systems with Infrastructure, Network and server operations team in building complex enterprise level applications.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically have 10+ years of directly related experience
- Experience working with distributed team is preferred
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA