The challenge to you: Take some of the nation’s most iconic craft brands, and make consumers love them more. You’ll be entrusted with the crown jewels – the challenge is real, and it will be yours to guide through its next phase. It’s your job to make people love Sierra Nevada brands, and to know that all decisions you make for the brands will be heard loud and clear in the chorus of social media. Our craft fans are dedicated to their beers, and everything you do with your brands will be heard, seen and commented on by them – this role is not for the faint of heart! You’ll bring a passion for craft beer and a deep knowledge and experience in brand management to our quirky “family owned, operated and argued over” business. Your goal? Use your natural do-it-yourself attitude to make our brands shine, we’re looking to you to create big outcomes using small budgets and in-house resources.
Solve. The riddles of brands keep us up at night. Your job is to solve them. Do the research, put in the time to make sure it’s real and develop brand plans with winning solutions.
Teach. Traditional brand management is new for Sierra Nevada. Bring your knowledge, be patient as we change 37 years of habits, be persistent if we slide backwards, and enjoy a beer with us at the end of the day.
Win. What’s good? Winning is good. Build brand health and performance metrics targeting best-in-class for national craft players, show us how we’re doing against the best in the business.
Own It. You’re responsible for growing brand sales and ROI. It’s a challenge, and a serious one.
Plan. Lead development of annual brand marketing plan in conjunction with internal creative, content and trade marketing teams.
Lead. You’re in charge of direction for of all brand touch points for the brands you own, including but not limited to, look and feel of the brand (in collaboration with the Creative Team), trade programming and POS (in collaboration with the Trade Marketing Team), product launch plan (in collaboration with the Content and Experience Team) and sales execution plan.
Collaborate. Work with our sales and planning teams to build and deliver brand plan and forecasts for assigned brands.
Stay Relevant. Assess the current brands in market, create plan to maintain long-term brand success and excitement with craft drinkers.
Be current. Keep up with competitive brand activity and the drinker preferences.
Learn. Use insights from in-house research sources to gain a deep understanding of Sierra Nevada’s key brands and consumer purchasing behavior.
Build. Create a dashboard of metrics to help entire organization understand brand performance (volume, profit, brand health).
Be Thrifty. Manage budget and P&L for your brands.
WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IT HAPPEN…
Break It Down. Create epic region and channel strategies that deliver a personalized approach to selling.
Be the brand. Own the look and feel of your brands in all regions, channels and premises.
Take Action. Dreams are cool, but we’re here to put points on the board. Make the brand strategy actionable. Act as the translator for the creative, trade marketing, eventing and content teams.
Evangelize. Be an evangelist for the brand, and understand how to motivate a large sales organization to rally behind the brands you manage and create.
Love Data. Make data matter by providing data-driven selling stories for all brands to Sales Team to ensure successful field execution of key brands.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Marketing required. MBA highly desired.
- Minimum of 4 years marketing experience.
- Minimum of 2 years brand management within the CPG industry.
- Previous alcoholic beverage industry experience and experience with DSD brands is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience managing a fast growing consumer lifestyle brand including brand assessment, building and managing brand plans, identifying market opportunities, and building comprehensive portfolio plans
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have proven track record of building brands and brand strategies.
- Experience building successful brand and channel plans is mandatory.
- Must have thorough knowledge of market and brand research methods and strong ability of how to utilize and leverage brand insights.
- Familiarity with craft beer category and culture with working knowledge of its key players and major brand trends is highly desirable.
- Excellent analytic skills, experience with syndicated data a plus.
- Project management skills.
- Patience for approval processes and ability to present ideas persuasively to senior management.
- Ability to focus on details, as well as maintaining an eye on the high level strategy
- Ability to multitask – focusing on several projects in different lifecycle stages simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, learning-oriented environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is often in a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. When on the road producing events, this job is exposed to a variety of weather conditions, heat, cold, wind, rain and is required to work through them to deliver superior event experiences to our customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to lift and/or move cases of beer that weigh up to 44 pounds without assistance and maneuver 168 pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours, including some nights and weekends
- Regular travel is required – you’ll need to check on your brands in the field and be active in the industry to stay up to date on trends. Travel may be up to 30% at peak times. 10-20% normally.
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
We set out with a simple goal: brew the beers we wanted to drink. We started small, with a homebrew shop, a love of American hops and plenty of passion. In the process, we changed the beer world forever. Decades later, we're still at it, and the passion burns brighter than ever.
Quality, integrity, people, sustainability, and community make up the culture of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. We acknowledge and appreciate the role of our employees in making our company what it is today. Our benefits include beer bucks with every paycheck, an on-site medical clinic, massage therapy, wellness programs, a myriad of growth and development opportunities, and even employee-only Beer Camps. If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Location/Region: Chico, CA