The Director, Brand will own and drive the strategic & operating plan process to grow assigned brand(s). Direct assigned brand(s)/businesses on business integration, leading the growth strategy, owning the P&L, talent management & optimization for their brand team, and create player/coach culture for their assigned brand and retail management.
The Director will be responsible for a team of direct reports that includes Senior Brand Managers, Brand Managers, and Associate Brand Managers. In addition to that, manage cross functional business teams with high interaction across several functions including finance, business/sales development, and supply chain, among others, necessitating engagement both up and down a relatively flat matrix.
- Lead development of growth strategies and align other functions/teams to those strategies and Annual Operating Plan (or “AOP”) for assigned brands.
- Develops and executives comprehensive strategic marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
- Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share. Works closely with marketing research, sales, manufacturing, distribution, advertising agencies and legal in the development of marketing plans.
- P&L management for assigned brands.
- Establish and provide clear direction to team to ensure brand initiatives are consistent with brand goals, priorities and strategies to deliver the AOP.
- Work cross functionally with Consumer insight/segmentation, brand equity assessment, category/brand/geographic expansion, competitive analysis/response.
- Execute demand centered insights and jobs theory framework.
- Innovation opportunity identification & core competency identification/opportunity assessment.
- Drive prioritization on resources (people, budget, capital).
- MBA required with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Proven expertise in P&L in an organization/business of relevant size/complexity.
- Experience managing multiple brands and categories simultaneously.
- Consumer packaged goods experience in providing in-depth knowledge of consumer and trade marketing.
- Commitment to results; ability to incorporate new learning into existing plans and act decisively.
- Experience in consumer products marketing with significant budgets.
- Significant experience in developing advertising, new products and media plans, and working with Sales.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
Location/Region: Chicago, IL