Reporting to the manager of Finance and Analytics, the Junior Analyst will provide analytical support for the local business team. This role will collaborate with local and off-site associates to support initiatives to drive insights-based business solutions for the Client and Supplier Partner CPG community. The individual will also support the maintenance, development and enhancement of our reporting tools and processes.
Duties/ Responsibilities/ Expected Contributions:
- Provide analyses and insights using a range of syndicated and non-syndicated data sources, including: Nielsen AOD, Homescan, Spectra, Euromonitor, Planet Retail RNG, and Business Objects
- Possess analytical acumen with the ability to analyze relevant information, interprets results, and draw insights to craft fact-based recommendations
- Utilize Business Objects reporting system and proprietary data to publish business performance metrics
- Collect and organize disparate information into clear & concise summaries
- Proactively Identify opportunities to enhance current tools, processes, and reports
- Support business team by developing standardized report templates, improving processes, and executing ad-hoc requests
- Create presentations for various internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with maintaining accuracy of internal data
- Facilitate knowledge sharing through training other associates
- Able to create relationships across internal departments
- 2-4 years’ experience in analytics, category management, consulting, or planning
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Experience with syndicated data resources such as Nielsen, IRI, and Homescan desired
- Proficiency in MS Excel, including V-Lookups and pivot tables; experience with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to parse large amounts of data to extract most relevant information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and change direction quickly
- Self-starter; able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience with Financial Reporting and Budgeting desired
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: San Antonio, TX