Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to bring together the most advanced and diverse set of technologies to the retail industry. Together, we are responsible for the infrastructure, software systems and technology matrix powering a large, complex, global enterprise.
Daymon IT is in search of the world’s most creative and experienced IT engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. IT Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience, breadth and depth, and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your coding and testing skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced and result oriented environment.
We have an exciting position available for a Technology Manager to join our San Diego based team.
- Priority-setting and tracking of projects; enabling communication and cohesion across a multi-site team and other managers
- Meeting with cross-functional teams and customers in support of driving initiatives and managing projects through to completion
- Achieve measurable improvements in the organization’s capabilities and effectiveness to perform against expanding workloads and demands for services
- Establish (define and implement) a framework of repeatable, scalable processes that support a dynamic, centralized IT infrastructure
- Serve as the IT subject matter expert for the enterprise
- Drive and set the technical architecture vision
- Be both a highly technical, hands-on coder and effective people manager
- Work and partner with off-shore teams and service provider
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline. MS Preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the following IT domains/controls: security administration, technology change management, data management, business continuity and disaster recovery, operations and problem management, and asset management
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, including hands-on technical management
- 5+ years coding in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, NodeJS, C#, Angular2, and/or Python
- 3+ years of experience with web technologies
- At least 2+ years with multiple of the following areas: Managing SaaS, providing mature and scalable IT services, managing Enterprise Systems and infrastructureAmazon AWS, and/or Microsoft AzureDocker, Kubernetes, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, ELKBlazemeter, JMeter, SoapUI, or similar toolsQA planning, methodologies, executionDevOpsLinux, Windows administration, and scripting languages: Linux Bash scripts, Windows Batch files, Powershellsinternetwork experience: routing, switching, reverse proxy, load balancers, firewalls, tunnelingAgile delivery/development organizations
- Experience with Open Source engagements and participation would be a strong plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solver and highly resourceful
- Strong experience working with off-shore partners
- Strong record of being able to deliver new applications as well as sustaining multiple parallel SDLCs for existing software systems
- Strategic influence
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: San Diego, CA