Executive Director of Development
Marian University has an immediate opening in the Office of Institutional Advancement for an Executive Director of Development. The Executive Director provides leadership in the development of a comprehensive, strategic fundraising and giving program to support the mission of the University, including oversight of all annual, major, planned, and campaign projects. The Executive Director is responsible for leadership in implementing strategies to cultivate positive relationships with current and potential donors, alumni and University personnel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish procedures and goals designed to maximize the Universities fundraising efforts, including but not limited to the coordination of all fundraising activities for the University to avoid overlap or duplication of efforts.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership for all annual, major, planned and capital campaigns as well as special events designed to secure donations, expand community support and build endowment funding for the University.
- Provide on-going professional development and growth for each member of the development team.
- Establish, publish and implement policies and procedures for the effective operation of the development office.
- Develop strategies and programs to identify new prospects for potential giving.
- Establish and maintain equitable portfolios for each individual gift officer.
- Coordinate with University marketing department the production of external communication tools, such as campaign pieces, sell sheets and other marketing materials.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Institutional Advancement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Adheres to Marian University’s policy and procedures.
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow employees, students, subordinates, and supervisors consistent with the University Franciscan values.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists to establish department measurements that align and support the accomplishment of the University’s strategic goals.
- Adheres to the department budget
- The ideal candidate will bring a combination of practical experience, energy, and vision that will be a transforming influence in making the Office of Institutional Advancement one of the top development operations in the county.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university; a master’s degree is preferred
- Record of sustained intellectual and professional achievement
- Proficiency of expression in oral and written communication
- Proven history of managing people to success
- Commitment to collegiality and collaborative decision-making
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to the integration of liberal and professional learning and the creation of a vibrant campus life in a Catholic, Franciscan environment
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 38 national titles.
Marian University offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and full Marian University undergraduate tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: letter of application, current CV with evidence of outstanding teaching and professional activities, names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted will be considered. Marian University is an EOE and is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
About this company
At Marian University, our vision is to provide an education distinguished in its ability to prepare transformative leaders for service to the world. Our mission is to be a great Catholic university dedicated to providing students with excellent teaching and learning in the Franciscan and liberal arts tradition. We welcome students of all faiths who seek an educational experience framed within the context of our Franciscan values of dignity of the individual, peace and justice, reconciliation, and responsible stewardship. Our understanding of these values is informed by reflection on the life of Jesus Christ and prayer.
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN