Sovos Brands is new kind of food & beverage company with a mission to acquire, build and revitalize one-of-a-kind brands. The company has a distinctive approach to people and brands, working to ensure that both can really thrive. Sovos has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the leading global private equity firms in the world. We will invest in and grow high quality brands such as Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods and Rao’s Homemade, in on-trend categories that consumers love.
We don't have a mission statement as those are well intentioned, but often end up being meaningless.
We have 6 GUIDING PRINCIPLES which we live by:
- Lead with courage and tenacity
- Focus on quality
- Obsess with the front line
- Communicate with candor and respect
- Enjoy the ride
- Be nimble
The Sales Coordinator position is a key member of the sales team and supports the retail sales function for the natural and specialty channel through excellent customer service, support of outside sales managers, report generation, sales analytics, price list maintenance, product distribution maintenance, and Sales Meeting support. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Report generation & distribution using promotional management, sales reporting software, and distributor reports (including, but not limited to trade spend, forecasts, Business Objects, IT Reports, Sales Discovery & Ross.
• Constant communication and coordination with all internal departments, business managers, and brokers to support sales efforts for Rao’s and Michael Angelo’s brands.
• Coordinating Sample request processing and execution including supplying accounting with documentation for reconciling inventory, creating shipping documents and packing items to be shipped
• Maintenance of internal sales documents including Price Lists, Customer Lists & Item Lists
- Maintenance and support of New Item Pricing Set Up, New Customer Set Up, New Broker Set Up; Verify pricing with Cost Accounting
• Providing support & coordination for Sales Meetings, trade event & conferences as well as tracking these events on an annual calendar
• Use of sales analytics to support sales team with basic reports and analysis
• Use of Trade Promotion system for Michael Angelos’s for planning support as well as aid on offline promotional planners for Rao’s.
• Sales and Operations forecasting support for demand planning in partnership with the sales team
• Promote and maintain a positive rapport with customer executives to maximize potential opportunities, identify customer needs and further develop key initiatives.
• Develop action plans related to the generation of new business and identify growth opportunities in the channel.
• Establish specific sales and merchandising objectives for each key customer within the assigned geography.
• Further develop customer relationships through fact-based industry and category insights.
• Function as a "hands-on" leader interacting in the marketplace with customers to provide exceptional support and direction.
• Build market share, expand distribution and implement retail programs that will not only meet the needs of the customer's requirements but will ensure Sovos Brands retail prominence.
• Monitor attainment of goals and adjust strategies for account sales team to ensure all objectives are exceeded.
• Identify, quantify, and develop growth opportunities at key accounts and communicate findings to the management team.
• Improve processes, procedures and efficiencies related to customer business, supply chain and service by working cross-functionally with other business units.
• Work with customer marketing, sales and the marketing department to develop, implement, and evaluate sales promotion plans, utilization of market development funds and merchandising ideas and ensure execution, review, and tracking of all plans and programs.
• Aid in developing plans for SMART (Shelving, Merchandising, Assortment, Retail Price, and Trade) across retailers and marketplace
• Assist and work cross-functionally to ensure plan delivery against established volume goals and spending parameters.
Experience and Skills:
• 2+ years minimum Sales experience
• 2+ years working with Retail Customers in some capacity (Customer Service, Replenishment, Operations, Sales, Marketing, etc.)
• Excellent computer skills including all of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new systems
• Ability to work within a fast-paced business environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills paired with equally honed communication abilities
• Entrepreneurial ability to solve problems and make recommendations• High level of intellect with a "roll-up your sleeves" mentality
• High energy with a results-oriented mindset.
• Ability to adjust style to effectively interact with external customers and internal staff.
• Traditional consumer products knowledge and understanding
• Four-year undergraduate degree or more education strongly preferred, but not required
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
Sovos Brands is new kind of food & beverage company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a kind brands. Sovos has the soul of a startup, the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the leading global private equity firms in the world. We will invest in and grow high quality brands such as Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods and Rao’s Homemade, in on-trend categories that consumers love.
Location/Region: New York, NY