The Customer Engagement Manager is responsible for building engagement with the brewery’s fan base. The position is charged with working across departments to develop strategies to build engagement that augment the company’s brand strategy. The Customer Engagement Manager will provide meaningful insights about the impact the company’s marketing programs and activities are having on key customers and will make recommendations on marketing decisions such as new content, new initiatives, and opportunities that will drive brand loyalty and profitable growth. This person will help improve customer retention and repeat purchases, driving profitable sales and customer visits to Sierra Nevada locations.
- Builds framework for consumer loyalty segments and develops data-driven understanding of SNBC customers, our segments, and motivations.
- Manages and analyzes customer contact data, identifies customer segments, defines actionable segments, and creates action plans with KPIs to deepen engagement.
- Develops loyalty marketing and CRM initiatives to optimize customer acquisition, retention, win-back, personalization, and promotional strategies. Strategies must engage and foster a continuing relationship with SNBC fans and visitors, support onsite Customer Experience departments, and align with our company Values.
- Effectively partners with marketing, sales, restaurants, tap rooms, gift shops, tours, events, brewing, sustainability, sensory, QA, etc. in order to fully understand and maintain a working knowledge of all significant brewery happenings.
- In collaboration with Customer Experience teams (gift shops, tours, restaurants, tasting rooms), helps customize the onsite guest experience and foster continued customer engagement.
- Writes annual loyalty marketing plan that supports overall company marketing plan.
- Works with Insights Manager to identify and recommend effective engagement strategies based upon available data and testing, and creates testing methods specifically targeted at loyalty groups. Considers all touchpoints where we interact with our customers (on-site, in the field, web, e-commerce, mobile, social media, events).
- Analyzes results and makes recommendations to maximize and optimize the performance of all marketing channels to drive KPIs.
- Manages and optimizes ongoing trigger communications to drive enhanced revenue from existing customer base.
- Monitors competitor CRM and loyalty initiatives, testing and adopting best practices to continuously improve loyalty initiatives’ performance and ROI.
- Will be the company’s lead communicator with all loyalist groups so must be able to write creative, engaging company newsletter and campaigns that inspire and delight customers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in consumer relationship, loyalty marketing, customer insights, or digital marketing with demonstrated experience growing customer loyalty over time
- CPG or Craft Beer experience preferred
- Experience with CRM, online marketing and digital marketing preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels with outstanding presentation, facilitation, and active listening skills
- Knowledge of marketing objectives, tactics and strategies and emerging trends
- An understanding of industry trends and key business drivers
- Strategic, organized, detail-oriented, and results-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment
- Strong project management skills
- Passion for consumer products, customer insights, and proposing creative solutions based on data
- Familiarity with CRM, Loyalty Marketing, and KPIs
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint and Excel
- Adaptable, analytical thinker who can work both strategically and in a hands-on/executional capacity
- Self-motivated, inquisitive and highly proactive, with the ability to influence others
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in an office environment.This job is often in a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to lift and/or move cases of beer that weigh up to 44 pounds without assistance and maneuver 168 pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics.
- Travel may be up to 35% at peak times. 10-20% normally
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last five years.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background and driver license check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About this company
We set out with a simple goal: brew the beers we wanted to drink. We started small, with a homebrew shop, a love of American hops and plenty of passion. In the process, we changed the beer world forever. Decades later, we're still at it, and the passion burns brighter than ever.
Quality, integrity, people, sustainability, and community make up the culture of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. We acknowledge and appreciate the role of our employees in making our company what it is today. Our benefits include beer bucks with every paycheck, an on-site medical clinic, massage therapy, wellness programs, a myriad of growth and development opportunities, and even employee-only Beer Camps. If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Location/Region: Chico, CA