The Director of Business Intelligence (BI) is responsible for defining and executing the business intelligence strategy. Responsible for the overall architecture, design, development, maintenance, enhancement, utilization and support of the hardware and software for structuring, organizing, storing, retrieving, analyzing, and reporting strategic enterprise information and operational and production data. This includes data for Decision Support, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Meta-data Repositories, and Operational Data Stores. The Director of Business Intelligence works collaboratively with key process owners to identify opportunities for business intelligence to improve organizational performance and provides leadership, vision and direction for data warehouse, MDM and Data Quality systems in support of the enterprise’s business objectives and requirements.
In this role the Director of BI will deliver clear, reliable performance metrics, derive actionable insight from complex business data, and leverage data to understand and improve business processes. The Director of BI is a hands-on leader, an exceptional technical expert skilled in design and implementation of BI technologies.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
• Ultimate responsibility for functional and technical design of BI solutions, including user interfaces, data architecture and processing.
• Recommends business intelligence technology platforms and solutions where necessary.
• Responsible for the design, development, maintenance and utilization of processes in conjunction with the enhancement, training and support of the reporting of strategic enterprise information and operational/production data.
• Partners with business and IT leadership to understand the company’s operational strategy and facilitate its delivery through reporting on and analyzing key processes and metrics
• Drives the development of enterprise reporting, analytics and metrics standards to ensure the business understands its own performance
• Oversees project and program management for business intelligence activities across the various function deliverables.
• Is involved in Business Intelligence development efforts.
• Proactively communicates with all stakeholders in regards to project management status and deliverables.
• Collaborates with business owners and analysts to research, identify and deliver solutions.
• Stays current in new BI technologies and platforms; identifies emerging solutions to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the enterprise; drives innovation and creative solutions to business challenges
• Hires, trains, develops and leads a high-performing team. Manages, guides, mentors, motivates and leads company business stakeholders toward accomplishment of goals. Leads the team with work allocation, problem resolution and evaluating performance
• Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT BI staff
• Ensures succession plans are in place for critical roles
• Contributes to Daymon’s effort to be an employer of choice as measured by survey results, associate feedback and turnover
• Serves as senior synthesizer and analyst for understanding and defining strategic and tactical business requirements for BI.
• Provides strategic direction for enterprise-wide Business Intelligence operations, including infrastructure and architecture, re-engineering business processes and support
• Establishes strategic service provider relationships
• Upholds cohesive and harmonious relationships while adapting to changing priorities, deadlines and demands
• Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with others related to learning, problem solving, back-up support and other related team functions.
• Builds relationships and creates synergies across the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions
• Requires the ability to influence IS team and staff; and outside vendors and technology leaders in other companies
• Bachelor of Science degree, or equivalent in Analytics, Informatics, Computer Science, programming or Business Administration, preferred; Masters of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems, a plus;
• Minimum: 10 years in IS and business industry; Preferred: 12+ years of related hands-on experience in business intelligence solutions and implementations;
• Experience in managing and mentoring business intelligence and data warehouse development teams.
• At least 10 years of complete project lifecycle experience with at least 2 major data warehouse/ business intelligence projects completed.
• 3+ years of leadership responsibilities in a related industry managing and working in multiple, large, cross-functional teams or on projects that deliver meaningful insights to internal and external business constituents
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: San Diego, CA