“Kashi? Hey, that’s a funny name. Thanks! We like it too. Our name stands for natural foods made with real nutrition. Inspired by our founders’ dream of healthier living for all, we create real foods from great ingredients made by incredible people. And we want you to join us – to help share our story and our food. Help us create positive change in ourselves and in the world by joining us as an Associate Director, Brand Marketing supporting all of our categories, including cereal, snack bars, nutrition bars, cookies, crackers, fruit snacks, frozen entrees, frozen waffles, and more.
The Associate Director, Brand Marketing Innovation is responsible for accelerating the development of category leading innovation for our plant based brand portfolio. The Associate Director will have experience in leading Innovation within the consumer packaged goods space with a track record of developing products that have driven strong business results.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Associate Director, Brand Marketing at Kashi you will be part of our success by:
- Innovation Strategy & Planning
- Working with the VP of Marketing to lead the development of the Innovation agenda across the four brands in the Kashi Co. portfolio: Kashi, Bear Naked, Stretch Island, Pure Organic
- Developing and executing a compelling 3 year innovation program
- Project Leadership and Coordination
- Collaborating with RQ&T leadership to update the organization on launch calendar development and communication to the broader organization
- Developing ideas with scale that reinforce brand positioning & overcome barriers to consumption
- Managing consumer research plan to qualify and validate ideas and food
- Continuously assesses Innovation process by gathering and sharing learning across Kellogg to develop best practices and improve processes
- Collaborating with Commercial Teams to bring innovation to life via compelling selling story and support at sales meetings
- Working with cross-functional partners to remove barriers and enable the pipeline
- People Leadership
- Guiding the development of direct reports, including direction on primary projects, continuous feedback and career guidance
- Strengthening the marketing organization and culture. Actively contributing to improving the Kashi culture and organization’s effectiveness
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Marketing, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or other related degree
- Fundamental innovation experience– ability to build insights into concepts, guide prototype development from concepts, scale up prototypes for commercial scale
- Strong leadership skills
- Sales / marketing competence
- Demonstrated experience influencing Senior Executives
- Analytics experience; translating data into meaningful, actionable insights
- Entrepreneur spirit for developing the position and engaging the marketing/sales organizations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience working in a matrix environment and in leading peers and key project groups through potential conflicting priorities
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment with many stakeholders
- Experience in the Natural/Organic space
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods