The Category Management Lead, Walmart manages the modular relay process including the drawing of modulars.
- Advisorship of a key category at Walmart responsible for providing strategic and tactical recommendations to Walmart buyers on the Distribution, Shelving, Merchandising, and Pricing to improve category performance.
- Develops strong working relationships with Walmart’s Buyers and Walmart cross functional partners.
- Responsible for generating and designing compelling category, shopper, and consumer insights.
- Provides support to Walmart Buyers in developing an integrated category strategy.
- Interacts with cross-functional teams to provide strategic actionable insights based on market data analysis and insights.
- Develops communication strategy to implement key research insights into plans at the customer level.
- Provides input into customer planning cycle based on knowledge of category and shopper trends, competitive issues, etc.
- Serve as a mentor and leader to other Category Managers and/or Category Analysts on the team.
- Works closely with cross-functional groups including Buyers, Replenishment, Modular Planning, Space Planning, customer teams, and HQ category management.
- Ability to serve as a trusted advisor to customer.
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years CPG industry experience, including 3+ years Category Management and drawing experience
- Previous experience as a Category Advisor and drawing modular
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to details
- Robust communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong knowledge of the Walmart Modular Process (Preferably on Edibles and/or Consumables)
- IRI and/or Nielsen (Advanced Panel and Scan data applications and software navigation)
- Strong technical skills (ProSpace, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Category, Consumer, and Shopper Knowledge (Kantar, Mintel, etc.)
- Problem solving skills
- Influencing skills
- Project Management experience and skills
- Previous people management experience
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Bentonville, AR