Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
• Achieve budgeted goals for area of accountability
• Increase Retail Odyssey business connectivity with Customer, interact at multiple levels; CSM, Sourcing, Merchandising, Procurement and Divisions
• Coordinate and assist the analysis and development of: marketing plans, product promotions, merchandising strategies, and inventory forecasting
• Manages assigned categories, performs analysis, and develops and recommends strategy within assigned area of responsibility
• Manages interactions with suppliers, taking ownership, including supplier vetting in accordance with Store Brand Business Plans
• Identifies, validates and presents new item and innovation opportunities to CSM’s
• Demonstrates increased innovation and autonomy around marketing, brand management and consumer data analytics
• Performs activities in a consultative manner, influencing CSM’s, CB Sourcing Managers and Category Managers demonstrating Retail Odyssey’s value proposition
• Bring expected and unexpected value to meetings by delivering category, market, industry and trend insights
• Prepares monthly business updates for supervisor
• Develop functional expertise in all facets of Private Brand & Branding via on-the-job development, educational and networking opportunities
• Develop strong supplier relationships by establishing and delivering on mutually established goals.
• Ensuring appropriate amount of support (time & resource allocation) for our top relationships
• Execute strategic initiatives for the account and assigned categories
• Elevate conversations with the customer to the strategy level within assigned area of responsibility
• Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to supply chain/ logistics
• Develop an understanding of the Private Brand landscape, best practices and areas for opportunity
• Directs, delegates and empowers others effectively
• Develop strong, collaborative partnership with cross functional teams
A) Some Grocery /Retail Experience Preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required
• A minimum of 1 year professional work experience required; 3 years preferred.
• Experience in sales and marketing a plus
• Demonstrated leadership experience
B) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise a plus
• Ability to contribute to setting and achieving budgets
• Understanding of Product Development, Marketing, Retail, Category Management, and Logistics a plus
• Effective in building and maintaining customer and associate relationships
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
• The ability to have increasingly complex interactions, including negotiation.
C) Core Competencies
• Positive, confident attitude
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Must be able to work independently, driven, self-motivated
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to influence others
• Ability to follow up in a timely manner with consistent follow through
• Attention to detail (accuracy)
• Ability to resolve problems/issues by understanding the resources available to help
• Demonstrate relationship building skills
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH