The Sales Manager, Convenience Stores designs and implements sales programs to sell the organization's products utilizing analytics and market analysis to achieve assigned targets. Hires, trains and develops sales representatives and manages relationships in various market areas. Job responsibilities include creating sales goals, helping to manage market analysis, coordinating retail execution, helping create and develop merchandising solutions and managing administrative duties.
- Create and execute the business plan through the annual business cycle. Work to maximize the business plan sales and profit within brand strategies and guidelines.
- Analyze consumption data, shipment data, and internal financial metrics to formulate strategies consistent with assigned objectives.
- Conduct market analysis to determine customer needs, quantify opportunity, and propose financials for sales accounts.
- Manage development activities and coordinate volume and profit objectives.
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Develop, foster, and maintain strong customer relationships while ensuring proper communication of vital information.
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives for sales accounts and ensures adequate sales service.
- Communicate and track key performance indicators to the team.
- Develop self and others.
- 30%+ travel throughout the Western region.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required.
- Minimum of five years progressive sales experience, to include convenience store account management
- Demonstrated sales management experience in the management of multiple product categories and customers. Demonstrate in-depth of knowledge in sales, trade and marketing concepts and methods.
- Demonstrate a strong base in development and maintenance of customer relations and promotions management.
- Be capable of effectively interpreting and using multiple information sources to develop strategy and tactics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools and applications. (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to establish and maintain strong internal and external working relationships.
- Strong interpersonal, directing, and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated experience in trade spending management; proven fiscal responsibility.
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and time management skills.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
Conagra Brands (NYSE: CAG) is an approximately $8 billion company that combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus and entrepreneurial spirit. We’re transforming the way we operate to fulfill what consumers and customers want, in a smart, simple way. We’re modernizing our iconic food brands, leveraging fresh opportunities and adapting to a changing landscape – all with a culture that’s ready to capture growth and drive shareholder value.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ