Hostess Brands LLC
Hostess is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States. The brand’s history dates back to 1919, when the Hostess CupCake was introduced to the public, followed by Twinkies® in 1930. Today, Hostess produces a variety of new and classic treats including Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies® and CupCakes.
Please see this link to research our company:
Join our Talent Network for Job Alerts:
As our Drafting-Design Engineer you will work full-time with our Corporate Engineering team to create Equipment Layouts and Process Piping drawings. Candidates need to be proficient in AutoCAD 2015 or higher and possess a fundamental understanding of Mechanical Layouts, Equipment Installation, and an ability to understand and interpret Process and Instrument Diagrams (PIDs) is preferred. This position is customer-oriented and a successful candidate will be a professional, self-motivated, and energetic individual with excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
This position will reside in our Kansas City, MO Headquarters location and will require 30-50% of travel to our manufacturing locations.
Key Functions and Accountabilities:
- Create conceptual and packaging line layouts that can be used in the scoping/bidding process.
- Assist engineering team with 2D and 3D equipment layouts / models within AutoCAD using vendor provided drawings.
- Assist engineering team with 2D and 3D utility /process piping models within CADWorx using PID drawings.
- Prepare general arrangements, plans, elevations, isometrics and details.
- Gather and organize information for developing design drawings; visit plant locations as needed to understand existing equipment layouts and piping tie-in points.
- Work with engineers on PIDs, process equipment arrangements and connection details.
- Prepare and distribute drawing packages, BOM’s, and other information as required for the installation of process and packaging equipment.
- Maintain electronic copies of all plant drawings in a centralized location and keep updated.
- Maintain and update packaging specifications and other duties as assigned.
- 30 – 50% travel is required.
Skills and Experience:
- Equipment and piping layout experience.
- Proficiency in 2D/3D AutoCAD
- Familiarity with XREFS and basic drawing setup
- 3D experience using CADWorx or similar piping programs are a plus, but not required
- Ability to convert PIDs to equipment and piping layouts (both 2D and 3D) are a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with standard drafting practices, including dimensioning, tolerancing, and ordinate dimensioning.
- 5 years related experience and proven judgment in Mechanical Design or Associate Degree or a certificate in machine design and technology from an accredited Drafting & Design Education Program with 3 years minimum experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience in Food packaging industry highly desirable.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred but not required
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO