The Field Marketing Director is responsible for localizing national brand plans to create regional sales solutions that drive business growth and long-term brand health. The position is responsible for management and execution of all marketing programs and program adaptation across regional customers. The position oversees a team of Field Marketers, Eventers and Trade Marketers.
- Work with Brand and Sales to identify and clearly articulate brand and portfolio channel strategies and align resources to drive growth
- Partner with Regional Sales Teams to develop field activation programs that support brand and volume goals; utilize brand data and analytics as well as feed local intel and activation recommendations for planning and product launches/support
- Build and monitor comprehensive field execution plans for new product launches & national programs including Class of Trade plans, regional goals, resource allocation, financial forecasts, budget review and reconciliation
- Execute local activation and amplification plans for national programs with a focus on engaging local communities, driving participation and supporting sales growth; ensure smooth and coordinated execution of programs
- Develop and execute an effective marketing and sales annual and quarterly planning calendar, ensuring strong and open communication, senior leadership alignment and “on time execution”
- Develop expertise in local market landscape, achieved through distributor meeting attendance, market visits, crew drive participation, etc. Provide feedback and key learnings to the Brand Marketing group to help drive strategic decision making and optimize market level plans
- Oversee local events including event production, sourcing venues, securing partners, driving attendance, purchasing local media, managing experiential, facilitating distributor and sales collaboration, and conducting event follow-up
- Identify challenges and develop solutions; analyze market dynamics, volume, trends, competitor insights, and local opportunities
- Collaborate with sales team to create and execute local marketing plans that produce meaningful assets, increase consumer awareness, drive household penetration and increase rate of sale
- Build and maintain collaborative and beneficial relationships both internally and externally; develop non-profit advocacy plans for events and amplify philanthropic message
- Write program briefs needed for program development with agencies; provide feedback to agencies ensuring deliverables are aligned with brief and brand positioning; collaboratively work with Brand Marketing to improve programming as requested
- Negotiate and execute locally funded media merchandising programs; monitor media partners to ensure adherence to contracts; oversee regional social media initiatives proactively looking for opportunities to increase engagement with consumers and enhance local outreach
- Submit, track and maintain files to ensure legal compliance
- Strictly adhere to governmental regulatory requirements
- Manage Field Marketing, Eventing and Trade marketing teams based across the country
- Work cross-functionally with Brand, Sales, Legal, Finance and Field marketing teams
- Create an environment in which team members are encouraged to develop their skills and are empowered to suggest new ideas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of combined experience in Sales, Marketing and/or Brand Management for a consumer packaged goods/consumer lifestyle brands company required, with beer or alcoholic beverage experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience leading teams to achieve results with demonstrated success in program development
- Proven history of sales results in beverage sales, preferably in beverage alcohol, including thorough understanding of all trade channels strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing or Business or any equivalent combination of education and experience is required. MBA preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing fast growing consumer lifestyle brands including brand assessment, building and managing brand plans, identifying market opportunities, creating new products and new product launch plans and building comprehensive portfolio plans.
- Strong understanding of brand management, marketing and how to build brand guidelines required
- Must have strong familiarity with craft beer world with working knowledge of its key players and major brand trends
- Clear understanding of local, state and federal beverage laws throughout the United States
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage workload and cope in a constantly changing and demanding environment
- Ability to execute and manage details while maintaining alignment with and focus on company level strategy and goals
- Ability to understand brand strategy, targeting and positioning for development of actionable regional initiatives that deliver on marketing and sales objectives
- Ability to utilize consumer insights and segmentation research to direct and influence regional programming
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while setting priorities and working under strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to expertly work with syndicated data
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional exposure to outside elements
- Possible exposure to second-hand smoke while working in on-premise establishments
- Occasional exposure to refrigerated rooms
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Primarily work in an out-of-office setting with long periods of sitting while driving (individually and as a passenger) or flying
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Must be able to lift 35 pound cases without assistance and maneuver 168 pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last five years
- Selected candidate must pass a post offer, pre-employment background check, and driver license check
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time.
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
We set out with a simple goal: brew the beers we wanted to drink. We started small, with a homebrew shop, a love of American hops and plenty of passion. In the process, we changed the beer world forever. Decades later, we're still at it, and the passion burns brighter than ever.
Quality, integrity, people, sustainability, and community make up the culture of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. We acknowledge and appreciate the role of our employees in making our company what it is today. Our benefits include beer bucks with every paycheck, an on-site medical clinic, massage therapy, wellness programs, a myriad of growth and development opportunities, and even employee-only Beer Camps. If you’re interested in joining our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Location/Region: Chico, CA