The Senior Program Manager, Campaigns and Administration is a professional administrative position reporting directly to the Vice President for Campaigns and Administration. The position supports the Vice President and identifies strategic initiatives related to the campaign, including but not limited to the coordination of meetings for Board of Tulane volunteers for the campaign. This position is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and completion of assigned special projects ensuring they are consistent with strategy, policy and campaign goals. The Senior Program Manager, is responsible for the oversight of the President’s Council, and assisting with personnel matters for the Office of Advancement. This position will work closely with other departments within the Office of Advancement including Major Gifts, Principal Gifts, Gift Planning, Alumni Relations, Advancement Communications and Marketing and other departments throughout the university.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple demands and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate and work cooperatively and effectively with high level prospects, donors, and volunteers.
- Ability to make decisions independently, demonstrate initiative and self-starting capacity
- Ability to contribute to the yearly strategic planning of the department
- Ability to plan and implement events and meetings with high level donors
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain strict confidentiality
Required Qualifications Bachelors degree and 5 years experience in program development, implementation, or management required, or transferrable experience. Transferrable experience includes meeting/event planning/management, volunteer management, talent management, sales, public relations, marketing, admissions, fundraising or trust officer experience OR High school diploma or equivalent an 11 years direct experience
- Experience in a research university environment
- Commitment to the values of an institution of higher education
- Knowledge of various software systems, such as Word, Excel, and a prospect management database
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)