Reporting to the Senior Business Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the overall management of key consumables and food categories with responsibility in execution of strategic account plans, retailer business plans and vendor account plans
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
• Achieve budgeted goals for area of accountability
• Support account team in the development of sales plans
• Increase Daymon business connectivity with customers
• Effectively negotiate supplier commission rates to grow category or team revenue
• Perform, coordinate and lead the analysis and development of: marketing plans; product promotions; advertising; in-store displays; merchandising strategies; and inventory forecasting
• Manages assigned categories, performs analysis, and develops and recommends strategy within assigned area of responsibility
• Interprets trends and other sales analysis data to assist customer and supplier partners
• Performs increasingly complex interactions with suppliers, taking ownership and including rate negotiation
• Collaborates and partners with marketing resources, both internal and external
• Demonstrates increased innovation and autonomy around marketing, brand management and consumer data analytics; leads in providing more experience and covering more suppliers
• Performs activities in a consultative manner, influencing and convincing buyers, effectively selling Daymon services
• Performs category reviews and supports bids, supporting suppliers and retailer through the process to attain the right assortment, right quality and right price in a consultative manner.
• Performs executive-level presentations to assigned customer and suppliers
• Demonstrates creativity in problem solving and promotional execution
• Project management for new item development; working with customer QA, Design, Marketing and supplier partners
• Ensure execution of the LAMP framework to identify the most critical initiatives and relationships and work with the team to lay out short and long term plans to achieve relationships at the appropriate level for the account or assigned category business unit
• Demonstrate functional expertise in all facets of Private Brand & Branding via on-the-job development, educational and networking opportunities
• Develop strong supplier relationships by obtaining alignment and developing and delivering on mutually established goals.
• Ensuring appropriate amount of support (time & resource allocation) for our top relationships
• Execute new strategic initiatives for the account or the assigned categories
• Elevate the conversation with customer to the strategy level within assigned area of responsibility
• Manage the Daymon value equation with appropriate stakeholders and ensure it is understood and advanced
• Support, provide guidance with customer issues relating to cost/value
• Foster thought leadership within account team
• Demonstrate an understanding of the Private Brand landscape, best practices and where customers currently exist in these arenas
• Owns director-level relationships with assigned customer and suppliers
A) Experience Required
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/Graduate Degree preferred
• 3 years of professional work experience required; 5 years preferred
• Experience in building and nurturing brands; private brand management a plus
B) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
• Ability to contribute to setting and achieving budgets
• Proven track record of developing talent, and ability/willingness to mentor associates
• Good grasp of Product Development, Marketing, Retail, Category Management, and Logistics
• Effective in building and maintaining customer and associate relationships
• Begins to own relationships.
• Has increasingly complex interactions, including negotiation.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: Columbus, OH