Well known as a retail industry leader, Daymon has evolved from its roots as a Private Brand pioneer into a full-service retail branding and sourcing company with a global presence. Daymon’s portfolio of companies has expertise across a full array of retail services, including Private Brand Development, Strategy & Branding, Sourcing & Logistics, Retail Merchandising and Consumer Experience Marketing.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Associate Business Manager. This role will support multiple categories in grocery. This role will report to a BM and receive guidance from both the BM and Director.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Achieve budgeted goals for area of accountability
- Increase Daymon business connectivity with customers
- Gain a basic understanding of vendor/supplier assortment
- Performs activities in a consultative manner, influencing and convincing buyers, effectively selling Daymon services
- Supports specific private label products &/or categories through analysis & development of:
- marketing plans
- product promotions
- merchandising strategies
- inventory forecasting
- void fills
- sourcing recommendations
- category support for small categories/suppliers.
- Opportunity to own supplier relationships under supervision of BM
- Identify new product opportunities by attending webinars, utilizing research tools, and re-occurring competitive retailer checks
- Performs trend & other sales data analysis to assist the BM/SBM.
- Partner with field teams on contracts, supplier engagement, webinars, forecasts, commitments.
- Creates, updates, and maintains project plans across several different work streams
- Work with all stakeholders to gain agreement, manage execution, & brings projects to closure.
- Track projects (tasks, completion, resources, etc) and keep all stakeholders informed of the project status.
- Alert appropriate team members to potential bottlenecks and assist in resolution efforts
- Facilitate communication meetings between internal organizations and project teams to drive successful projects
- Limited administrative duties
A) Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-3 years work experience
B) Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required
- Good understanding of how team operates with others & other teams to accomplish account’s goals.
- Works under daily supervision of more senior associates
- Strong communication skills
- Communication focus on internal teams, customer & supplier interactions
- Begins to own relationships
- Strong PC skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and work independently, with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of category management methods & analytics, fact-based selling, marketing
- analysis & planning as well as problem-solving skills
- Possess the ability to see the “big picture” and pull out meaningful insights and actions
- Adaptable in fast-paced environments, while remaining proactive and efficient.
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
About this company
With a foundation of more than 40 years of experience, Daymon is today’s leader in sales generation for retailers and suppliers.
As a global company operating on six continents, we bring an enterprise-wide window to the world and real-time experience that is surpassed by none. Our ability to translate this experience into unique and customized strategies is the engine that drives increased sales and share, in collaboration with our retail customers and supplier partners. Our network of 39,019 talented associates delivers targeted solutions grounded in actionable insights.
Our services include:
· Brand Development
· Omni Supply Solutions
· Galileo Branding and Packaging Design
· SAS In-Store Retail Execution
· Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing
We’re always looking for smart, dedicated people who are not afraid to think differently and challenge the status quo. Daymon offers a wide range of job opportunities in countries across the world. Learn more about us and what we offer, and then search our open positions for the right opportunity for you.
Location/Region: Schaumburg, IL