Education. Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration preferred; other related degrees will be considered.
Experience. Four (4) years full time-time experience in administration in a government or corporate setting, of which two (2) years as a supervisor is preferred.
Education/Experience substitution. Substitution In accordance with County policy
Other (e.g., post-offer medical exam, polygraph, background check, driver’s license record, etc.). Background check and drivers' license check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
Must have knowledge of:
- Supervisory methods and techniques
- Principles and practices of administration
- Administrative research methods, techniques, and methods of report presentation
- Established Policies, Ordinances, Resolutions and state and federal laws
- Budget preparation and management
- Business correspondence standards including English grammar, formatting, basic mathematics, spelling and punctuation
- Computer software; proficient in Microsoft Office
Must have ability to:
- Handle sensitive delicate public relations situations with a high degree of firmness and cordiality while maintaining confidentiality
- Communicate orally in the English language with customers, clients, and the public in face-to-face, one-on-one settings, in group settings, and using a telephone
- Conduct original research make sound administrative analyses relating to policy and management problems
- Produce written documents in the English language with clearly organized thoughts, with proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material in the English language.
- Work under pressure (i.e., handling significant problems and tasks, which come up simultaneously and/or unexpectedly).
- Work cooperatively with other Elected Officials, County Employees and the Public.