Job summary: Manages life cycle product planning activities and high-quality delivery of FIS new products, enhancements, and releases to market. Defines product roadmap to meet market requirements in support of product line strategy by considering position in life cycle, product profitability, pricing strategies, client satisfaction, and sales success rate.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages product plan by ensuring changes in market, business priorities including integration needs, and technology advancements are reflected. Presents status updates at quarterly and annual stakeholder meetings.
• Demonstrates leadership by establishing and articulating a clear vision of success and how goals and objectives will be achieved.
• Prepares and presents product plans. Identifies risks and challenges, opportunities and growth strategies, business integration needs, and retirement plans.
• Prepares and presents product roadmap reviews as well as providing product's general strategic direction.
• Manages project inventory during budget planning process, interlocks on all companion activity, and prioritizes as necessary to execute against plan throughout the year. Determines release dates.
• Monitors and understands product's profit and loss statement.
• Provides content for product roadmaps, ensures timely delivery, and provides business reasons for any changes/revisions made to roadmaps.
• Engages and interacts with clients during feedback sessions, focus groups, user groups, and requirements gathering sessions. Practices open and honest communications with clients.
• Acts as product launch manager when appropriate for new products or rollouts of major releases.
• Collaborates with senior management to provide content for market messages, sales collateral, and as needed RFPs (request for proposal).
• Completes business scope documents and defines and documents user personas for individual products.
• Manages vendor relationships key to product delivery.
• Collaborates with vendor support managers for oversight and maintenance of all secondary and support vendor relationships.
• Interacts with key suppliers and partners.
• Coordinates and facilitates pilot activities acting as primary contact with client, securing pilot agreement, and monitoring progress. Determines success criteria and recommends "go / no go" decision.
• Acts as escalation point for client issues that require product change resolution (does not include standard problem escalation process).
• Determines and approves all service level agreements (SLAs) related to products and includes with business scope documents.
• Works closely with development teams to review enhancement requests for strategic value and align resources to high priority project.
• Provides presentations to clients during business reviews, prospect briefings, and internal group meetings.
• May require up to 40% travel.
• Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related field/discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience as required for specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge of FIS products supported
• Requires general business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision, and executive presence
• Effective presentation and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of financial services industry and associated products
• Excellent skills in communicating ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
• Ability to utilize judgment in decision making process and decisions related to job tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management in an organized, professional manner
• Customer service skills, understanding and focusing on clients' needs, establishing credibility and building positive, professional, relationships with clients
• Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
• Requires strong time management skills, attention to detail, and must be resourceful
• Analytical, problem solving skills
• Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks
• Requires leadership and negotiation skills
• Flexibility, versatility, dependability
Product Manager role that manages the activities for multiple products including one major application and having responsibility for results, including costs, methods and approach. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to team members within latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect group. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to team members in meeting schedules and/or resolving problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements, and may have budget responsibilities. Monitors and influences the product revenue and profitability through the client relations, sales and marketing, IT, client services, product support and/or professional services organizations, 1-2 years of experience in payments is preferred.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Milwaukee, WI