Position Responsibilities\Requirements: JOB SUMMARY:
Assist with the monitoring, configuration and management of cloud based security using hosted WAF technology. Configures technologies to prevent and identify security threats to FIS. Resolves and/or performs follow through to resolve all web security application related issues and questions. Implements and administers information security controls using software and vendor security systems. Perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES:
• Executes web security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing programs.
• Installs, configures and maintains enterprise Web Application Firewalls (WAF) across various platforms using Akamai technologies.
• Configures Web Application Firewalls (WAF) hosted and on-premises as needed to resolve vulnerabilities and provide configuration assistance.
• Creates, deploys, and crafts policies that will enable the Web Application Firewall (WAF) to respond to threats and attacks.
• Must possess moderate to expert level knowledge of application API calls, HTML, OWASP, DNS and JAVA scripting and must be able to review code and recommend code fixes to remove flaws.
• Must possess moderate to expert level knowledge of SSL/TLS, Certificate Authorities and certificate provisioning.
• Works with the application and SIEM team to monitor and tune security events and policy violations to reduce noise and false positives.
• Works with the application owners to develop policies that can be deployed to hosted solutions that will ensure websites are secure and available.
• Works with other departments to ensure that information is properly protected using Web Application Firewalls rules and specialized policies.
• Research new attack vectors and configures the Web Application Firewalls to respond according to FIS security policy.
• Communicates effectively with leadership, team members and clients on complex technical Web Application Firewalls and DDOS related issues.
• Maintains the Web Application Firewalls life cycle to ensure that all WAF components are accurate and that hardware and firmware is up to date.
• Makes recommendations to ensure that Web Application Firewalls are strategically deployed so that all control points are monitored.
• Provide regulatory and governance evidence in a timely manner as requested by auditors.
• Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocol and recommends solutions.
• Creates information security documentation related to work area and completes requests in accordance with company requirements.
• Provides status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
• Must be able to solution and engineer a Web Based Firewall ecosystem.
• Must support a 24/7 on call rotation as required.
• Other related duties assigned as neededEDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university on computer science preferred or in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of networks technologies (protocols, design concepts, access control)
• Knowledge of security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc).
• Strong Windows and Linux skills. Must be proficient with Website Design and certificate management.
• Knowledge of network design and engineering
• Proficiency in time management, communications, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
• Proficiency in planning, reporting, establishing goals and objectives, standards, priorities and schedules
• Expert to Consultant level knowledge of Web Application Firewalls (deployment concepts, configuration and management).
• Intermediate experience with Akamai and other hosted web environments.
• Expert to Consultant level decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Expert to Consultant level verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization
• Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees and/or clients
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience. Frequently reports to an IT Security Administration Manager.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Brown Deer, WI