Business Development Specialist
Purpose of the position:
The Business Development Specialist position acquires clinical contracts and educational partnership opportunities for students appropriate for Unitek College’s Registered Nursing program, building robust relationships with acute care hospitals and healthcare facilities for sustainable program outcomes.
- Actively seek clinical education placement opportunities for Nursing students
- Acquire fully executed school/clinical facilities affiliation agreements
- Cold-calling and follow-up calling with the clinical site point of contact
- Presenting Unitek College program information to Manager and Director level contacts
- Follow up regularly with clients and attend partner educational events and meetings
- Meet with director-level staff at Unitek to project clinical needs for the program
- Set up and maintain contracts for clinical rotations
- Drive Business Development activities to strengthen Unitek Colleges’ professional presence in the industry including participating in yearly Advisory Board Meetings with specific Industry Partners
- Track all activity within the CRM system
- Report monthly to management and track all clinical rotations on a clear spreadsheet for reporting purposes to Nursing Boards.
- Requires an energetic and positive person with the ability to manage key clients focused within the Health Care Environment
- Meet with Program Director regularly to review clinical placements; current, pending and in process contracts
- Ensure expansion of Nursing Program clinical sites, adding or expanding 12 clinical sites annually
- Education and Experience:
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office, especially use of databases and spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel within the geographical area to visit current and potential clinical sites
- 2 years of Clinical Coordinator, Recruiting, Career Service, Business Development or Sales within the Healthcare experience preferred.
- Knowledge and competency within Nursing and Healthcare environment preferred.
- Strong ability to develop new business to place students in an externship/clinical setting
Unitek College is a private, nationally-accredited college with campuses in California and Arizona.
We offer on-ground, hybrid and online programs in Nursing, Allied Health, and Information Technology from the Certificate to Bachelors levels.
Location/Region: Fremont, CA (US)