Ocean Spray is looking to add a Senior Demand Planner to its growing team. The Senior Demand Planner manages long and short term forecasts at the item/brand/category level. The planner will use a variety of data sources including consumption trends, sales promotional data, marketing new product plans, and Manugistics statistical models to create a demand signal to drive supply chain and the S&OP process. The monthly goal is to deliver an accurate and cross-functionally aligned rolling demand plan. A key responsibility of the Senior Demand Planner is to develop, document, update and challenge the assumptions supporting the demand plan.
The position is located at our Corporate Office in Lakeville, MA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead monthly demand meetings with the appropriate teams to ensure assumptions are validated and unresolved issues are escalated appropriately.
- Influence key business partners by leveraging data to develop the best in class forecast.
- Maintain Manugistics to deliver an accurate Item/DC level forecast for Supply Chain.
- Analyze and leverage market intelligence to determine base business impact.
- Monitor shipment performance versus the item level forecast and determine root-cause to improve accuracy.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Demand Planning Manager / leadership.
- Participate/lead continuous improvement projects, as it relates to forecasting.
- Prepare for ad-hoc support of the Demand Planning Manager for the demand management review meeting to explain and detail consensus plan and make any final updates based on outcome of Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process.
- Comfort Around Higher Management - Lead the monthly brand/category demand review meetings
- Analytical Capabilities - Understand of the factors influencing accurate forecasting, consumption data, JDA and be able to articulate the plan to cross-functional partners
- Standing Alone - Ability to challenge cross-functionally using fact based arguments
- Prioritization - Ability to work independently and prioritize
- Problem Solving - Periodic KPI root causing across demand planning, customer service and inventory management metrics to drive resolution and continuous improvement
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Ability to cope with change, take intelligent risks and can make decisions with minimal guidance/information.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- BA/BS in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Management or Business related field
- 3-5 years related experience in sales forecasting or demand planning within consumer packaged goods industry
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical experience including:
- Experience using Manugistics forecasting systems tool.
- Knowledge and interpretation of consumer data (i.e., Nielsen, IRI, Retail Link, Partners on Line)
- Experience in interacting with various disciplines including Sales, Marketing, Trade, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Experience with S&OP processes and related industry best practices that drive supply chain efficiencies
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Effective business communication skills at all levels including the ability to influence, challenge, resolve conflict and drive consensus
- Detail oriented focus while maintaining a broad business perspective
- Demonstrated experience delivering effective presentations using qualitative and quantitative data to influence leadership behaviors and decisions
cpg, cpgjobs, cpg jobs, consumer packaged goods, consumer goods
Location/Region: Lakeville, MA