Epiphany School, a private, non-sectarian, independent PreK-5 school, is currently seeking a Director of Finance and Operations. The Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) provides both operational and strategic support to the organization and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The DFO is responsible for providing timely, relevant, and accurate financial information to the school’s managers and stakeholders. He/she serves as a strong partner to the Head of School on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to the financial and/or strategic direction of the school.
What you will enjoy about this role:
- Work with the Head of School and other administrators on the strategic vision and operating plans for the organization
- Oversee all business office functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, purchasing, reporting, and financial controls;
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and executed that maintain the integrity of the accounting processes, safeguard the organization’s financial assets, and that will pass an independent audit;
- Oversee the management of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization, including monthly revenue/expense and balance sheet reports for internal and external users; reports to banks, governmental agencies, and other required reporting needs;
- Establish a plan and schedule for the preparation of the annual budget that will permit the setting of the succeeding year’s tuition at a Board of Trustees meeting early in the calendar year;
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive long-range financial planning forecasting model to enable strategic financial decision-making;
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs;
- Establish and monitor all banking activities for the organization;
- Advise and negotiate all significant contracts on behalf of the organization;
- Oversee the annual audit of the school’s financial records and financial positions;
- Attend Board of Trustees and committee meetings; provide staff support to the finance, investments, and the buildings and grounds committees of the Board;
- Manage risk at the school to ensure the safety of personnel and students in their use of the facilities;
- Maintain appropriate levels of insurance to protect the property and to cover the liability of the school;
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculation of salaries and wages for all employees;
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits that will ensure the organization is able to attract and retain qualified employees;
- Oversee the prudent purchasing and maintenance of fixed assets, including property, plant, and equipment.
- Supervise the following positions: Business Manager, Director of Technology, Extended Day Manager, Facilities Manager, Office Manager/Registrar.
· Represent the school at various regional, state, and national associations relative to the role of DFO.
· Supervise non-classroom duties when assigned.
· Perform lunch, recess, arrival and dismissal duties.
What you must have:
· Must hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field; MBA and CPA preferred.
- Minimum of five years of financial management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of a similarly sized and resourced organization;
- Minimum of three years of experience in direct supervision of staff;
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Knowledge and experience with fund accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll;
- Knowledge and experience with benefit administration, labor law and other human resource management issues;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to easily transition from task to task;
- Impeccable verbal & written communication skills;
- Ability to work with detailed information with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality;
- Experience with accounting software systems required; working knowledge of Senior Systems applications desired;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required; knowledge of relational database software (such as Access) desired;
- Experience working with Board of Directors in a non-profit setting;
- Experience in a school or educational setting preferred.
How to apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the job title (Director of Finance and Operations) in the subject line. No phone calls please.
To learn more about us, visit www.epiphanyschool.org