About the Company
BrownTrout Publishers, Inc. is the largest calendar publisher in the world, and the only major publisher that is still independent. We have just completed our 31st year publishing the largest collection of calendars in the world. We produce over 1,200 titles and print more than 13 million calendars annually for a worldwide market. We have won numerous Calendar Marketing Association awards and was named “Vendor of the Year” by Calendar Club. BrownTrout continues to grow, we have sought out the best brands to associate with as we set out to redefine the planner category. This year we are especially excited about two new partnerships that will drive us to hit new milestones in the planner and dated products markets: FranklinCovey® and Pantone™.
Role – Sales Analyst
This role is responsible for the short-term planning and long term annual reporting, providing forecasts and analytical insight and business strategies to both internal departments and external sales personnel. This position will require constant communication between Sales, Marketing, Operations, Warehouse and 3PL teams. You will be working with multiple teams and senior management to compile and analyze data that is critical to maximizing BrownTrout sales opportunities. Analyst’s will be responsible in assisting with product planning and account planning (end-to-end), inventory planning and replenishment decisions.
Account Planning / Forecasting
- New Account Onboarding and Setup
- Customer Item Setups
- Projections / Forecasting for Season Demand
- Store Level Replenishment Recommendations
Reporting & Analysis
- Track and manage BrownTrout seasonal programs at the account (end-to-end program management)
- Prepare Analytics for Sales Presentations
- Title/Product Recommendations and placement (Plan-O-Grams)
- Account Gross Margin Analysis
- Collect and pull reports/Data from various customer portals
- Compile Weekly Sell-Thru Reporting and Analysis
- Generate reports analyzing store level compliance issues
- Assist with Scan-Based Trading billing
- Other projects / tasks as assigned by Management
- Strong analytical acumen
- Excellent organizational skills
- Methodical and high degree of attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, experience dealing with competitive strong personalities
- Experience in demand planning, forecasting and inventory management is preferred
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Proficiency in Excel; ability to use vlookups, pivot tables, sum functions, merge and summarize data using multiple data sources and formats.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of customer portals i.e. 1 World Sync, Walmart Retaillink, Target Partners Online, Amazon Vendor Central, Staples Partners, is a plus.
- Strong independent work ethic, self-starter / entrepreneurial, must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and pick up new skills quickly
- Bachelor Degree required with 2+ years’ experience in a similar position (Preferably in CPG).
Location/Region: El Segundo/ Los Angeles