Hostess Brands LLC
Hostess is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States. The brand’s history dates back to 1919, when the Hostess CupCake was introduced to the public, followed by Twinkies® in 1930. Today, Hostess produces a variety of new and classic treats including Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies® and CupCakes.
Please see this link to research our company:
Hostess Brands LLC is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager in our Kansas City, MO Headquarters location. This role is responsible for oversight and monitoring of our third-party packaging vendor as it relates to display materials/supplies for our distribution center activities.
The ideal candidate will have wide variety of experience in inventory management, sourcing, price negotiation and collaboration/oversight of third party vendors & distribution centers.
Key Functions and Accountabilities: (not an all-inclusive list)
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for day-to-day activities and tasks associated with the following key processes:
- Utilization of the Daily Inventory Dashboard, Commercialization Timeline, SharePoint Spreadsheets to keep distribution center supplied with core displays as well as preparing for each LTO event each month.
- Ensuring alignment and cross-referencing SAP systems and spreadsheets to regarding accurate inventory supply
- Executing pricing negotiation on new displays
- Researches cost savings in collaboration with 3rd party packaging vendor/partner (Menasha)
- Creation/sourcing/pricing of all display materials in SAP
- Assist in new displays design in collaboration with Marketing and Sales
- PO (Purchasing Orders) for packaging - ensuring accuracy, researching & rectifying inaccurate invoices
- Monitor and replenish distribution center supplies (labels/tags, ancillary materials from other packaging vendors
- Indirect PO (Purchase orders) processing for CAPEX projects
- Project manage co-manufacturing activities in regards to project layout, pricing negotiation, quantities/sizes
- Assist purchasing with general activities: sourcing, plant outages, contract changes, ingredient sourcing/tracking
- Assist other co-workers in related Supply Chain areas (uniform supplies)
- Logistics contact for 3rd party trucking vendor in regards to corrugate, ingredients and packaging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Operations or related field
- Three or more years of related experience in sourcing, procurement/packaging and or material management environment (consumer product goods/food manufacturing experience preferred)
- Five or more years of related experience in sourcing, procurement/packaging and or material management environment (consumer product goods/food manufacturing experience preferred)
- Three or more years of related experience working with co-manufacturing and 3rd party vendor management preferred
- One or more years of related experience in sourcing materials and pricing preferred
- SAP or related system preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency with MS Office Suite – Outlook, Excel, SharePoint
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; solution rather than problem focused
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and consistency in the execution of responsibilities
- Ability to deliver written and oral communication which is clear, concise and relevant to audience both within and outside of the Hostess Brands organization and with our 3rd party vendors
- Able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with key stakeholders both within and outside of the Hostess Brands organization and with our 3rd party vendors
- Ability to work cross-functionally and to learn and adapt to new business processes, technologies, and environments.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Location/Region: Kansas City, MO (US)