Hostess Brands LLC
Hostess is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States. The brand’s history dates back to 1919, when the Hostess CupCake was introduced to the public, followed by Twinkies® in 1930. Today, Hostess produces a variety of new and classic treats including Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies® and CupCakes.
Please see this link to research our company:
Assistant Supervisors are the first line of defense for the supervisors and managers on the line. This includes leading by example by promoting a food safe, associate safe and team environment for all associates as well as assisting the supervisor(s) and manager(s) in the processing areas. Assistant Supervisors are expected the run the production lines accordingly with or without a supervisor or manager present.
The primary functions for Assistant Supervisors are as follows:
- Assist or set up the production floor prior to the start of their shift;
- Ensure that mixers have the correct batch sheets and ingredients
- Ensure that mixers are following the SOP’S and that they’re on schedule – no delays on startup should be caused by operational issues
- Set up Labelers, Video Jets, Heat Tunnel, Wrap Machine, Metal Detector, Little David, etc…
- Make sure that we have the correct packaging on the floor (Tubs, Lids, Plastic Bands and Over shippers)
- Ensure we have disposable gloves available in all sizes for our crew
- Ensure we have all the forms for metal check and weight check ready
- Ensure employees are following the GMP’s from the moment they walk through the door (Example: inspect nails, jewelry, etc.)
- Get all the paperwork properly filled out and on a timely manner including but not limited to HACCP paperwork (especially Metal Detect and Weight checks)
- Watch and inspect ingredients’ temperatures to ensure SOP’s compliance
- Train and manage all employees to ensure that they have all the tools they need to perform their jobs the most efficient way
- Make sure all the challenges and issues are communicated properly to supervisor/manager in order to keep the entire TEAM on the same page
- Ensure the proper labels, coding and best buy codes are on the package and cases and that the print is legible.
- Work closely with Warehouse team to ensure we don’t have any down time caused by shortage of ingredients or packaging
- Record and report the production numbers accurately, especially at the end of the shift when the Production Reports are finalized and sent out via email.
- Bring dirty tools, utensils, etc. to the wash area for cleaning
- When and if the line is down, you are required to find busy work including, but not limited to sweeping, cleaning the lines, labeling Wal-Mart cases, building merchandisers, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to and greater than 50 lbs
- Other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, and encourage minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Location/Region: Southbridge, MA