We are seeking a junior graphic designer to grow into a key hub in our design and customer value process. This person will work with our Product Designer, Product Manager and customers through ideation and design of new and existing features.
Design work will include layout of page content, interaction scripting in an Axure prototype, drawing page elements. We design for a lot of data. So design includes not only layout of complex amounts of data tables and detail, but interaction design and large quantities of values to be managed and edited by our users in the app on any one screen.
While the main focus of the design team is designing a usable and elegant web-application for our clients, our users and our product are the focus. Working directly with Product designer to explore user experience and implement improved workflows, better processes, and efficient channels for display and manipulation of data becomes a more UX discipline rather than just visual design. This opportunity allows us to do lots more here at SitePro!
We also work on creation of social media graphics, design and production of artwork for marketing one-sheets and other materials and production of brand artwork and collateral.
- Work with existing Axure prototypes to continue visual design and interaction design in the same style and competency.
- Work with the Product Designer to create a design system, not just a style guide.
- Assist in creation and implementation of design assets and standards that align with creative strategy as applied to design system and product styles, keeping with or exceeding industry best practices, and promoting user-centered design.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for web and mobile applications.
- Develop design concepts and produce digital and print-ready assets for marketing one-sheet, publications, and social media content.
- Collaborate with design and cross-functional teams throughout the design process.
- Be involved with customer and user discussions to determine design and product user experience needs for both pain points and for feature requests.
- Communicate design needs to development team as well as monitor implemented design with visual and interaction-level QA.
- Help develop the process to include design QA before UAT and production releases.
- Research and track advancements in application design patterns. Competitive analysis, usability and design pattern research.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a designer. Or equivalent experience, with emphasis on digital and interactive design.
- Graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts, and pattern development.
- Software skills with prototyping tools: like Axure, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, or Sketch App.
- Understanding of design system versus style guide.
- Passion for design. Passion for users. Desire to learn.
- Exceptional cognitive thinking.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science or related field.
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Proficiency in both Mac and PC environments.
- Industrial or Oil and Gas Experience
- HTML and advanced CSS experience is also nice.
- Understanding of front end web and mobile languages and practices including Material Design and other mobile platform designs and how to apply similar styling to web-applications
SitePro specializes in a broad spectrum of process automation, wireless communication enhancement, and data management technology that is applicable to any industry. SitePro focuses its efforts on the creation and engineering of emerging technologies and implementing these creations into both newly found and existing markets. At SitePro we focus on simplicity, quality, usability, and efficiency when engineering process automation and integrating our technology into the creation of new wireless networks and data management solutions. Creating and commercializing break-through technology and maintaining client satisfaction is SitePro's vision.
Location/Region: San Antonio, TX (US)