Senior Grant Administrator/Non-Profit Contract Manager
Integrity * Compassion * Hope * Diversity * Respect * Community * Justice * Quality
Our mission is to help families and individuals help themselves through direct services, collaboration, and advocacy.
Part of the community since 1879, Family Services has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 135 years. Since the beginning, we have sought to meet the changing needs of individuals and families in our community. Over time, our organization has evolved to include more than micro-level casework practice and now helps to shape policy, enhance systems and services, and improve the quality of community life, while still maintaining the direct services that support our neighbors. Family Services provides programs and services throughout the Hudson Valley including: Youth Services, Family Programs, Victim Services, Prevention, Community Safety and the Family Partnership Center—all geared to provide hope, improve lives and strengthen community.
The Role of Senior Grant Administrator
- Responsible for the fiscal management and monitoring of agency programs and initiatives, with an emphasis on government contracts.
- Maintains the general ledger, budget information and analysis of financial data for assignments.
- Performs duties personally and through supervisees.
Day to day Functions:
- Manage the fiscal aspects of revenues, expenses, and compliance requirements for programs and initiatives with multiple funding streams
- Oversee monthly financial reporting to government agencies and other sources
- Communicate effectively with funders and other stakeholders using sound judgement and professionalism
- Conduct meetings with program personnel and management to review and analyze budget to actual results and forecasts for the program and provide relevant information and recommendations
- Assist in developing and maintaining the organization-wide cost allocation plan
- Represent organization with respect to periodic audits performed by funders
- Maintain current budget information, develop projections and forecasts to optimize agency resources
- Prepare budget modification requests including forecasts, justifications and other funder requirements
- Review and record receivables and deferred revenue on a monthly basis and manage timely collection of requests for reimbursement for funding sources
- Review, record and release temporarily restricted contributions
- Monitor fixed asset and equipment purchases for funding sources and prepare reports as required by contracts
- Prepare reports related to funding for NYS licensed programs, including but not limited to, CQR’s, CFR’s, CBR’s
- Other duties as assigned
- Direct supervision of two Grant Administrators
- Facilitate staff development and assure that staff is appropriately trained to meet the organization requirements and all regulations.
- Complete staff performance appraisals in a timely manner and address disciplinary issues through the organization progressive disciplinary process
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work cooperatively, good time management and managing multiple priorities
- Ability to analyze data, recognize variances and discrepancies, and process complex relationships between data points
- Proficiency in computer software, i.e. Microsoft Office (Excel) and accounting software
- Knowledge and ability to apply accounting concepts and in the non-profit sector
- Ability to comprehend contract terms and conditions and develop processes for compliance
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in all aspects of position
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in business/accounting field
- 5 – 10 years of grants administration experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
This position is a full-time (35 hours/week), non-exempt position.
Family Services, 29 North Hamilton Street, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: FSI offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Pension plan and 403(b) retirement plan
- Group term life and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental life insurance & accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick, and personal time
- Supplemental insurance through AFLAC
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
Family Services is a large not-for-profit agency located in Poughkeepsie, NY with a mission to help families and individuals help themselves through direct services, collaboration and advocacy. With a total staff of approximately 200 employees and volunteers, Family Services provides services to over 9000 individuals and families in Dutchess and Ulster Counties. Family Services provides services to youth, family, and crime victims through a number of programs. Family Services is located in and maintains the Family Partnership Center which houses 15 not-for-profit agencies offering a number of different services the community.