Our client is seeking a Design Manager in Indianapolis, IN.
What you'll need:
- Proficient in reading Multi-family construction drawings.
- 4-Year Degree (preferably in Construction Management or Architecture)
- Minimum 3 years experience in construction and/or architecture-related fields.
- Ability to simultaneously manage 2 projects in design.
- Strong alignment to our core values of excellence, leadership and service.
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the plan design life cycle.
- Ability to lead a meeting with a room of 8-10 consultants and effectively direct and manage design consultants.
- Ability to identify a plan deficiency for all design disciplines (MEP, Landscape, Architectural, Civil, Structural)General knowledge of construction pricing and bid process.
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of multi-family architectural plans from conceptual drawings to a final and complete construction set.
- Review architectural plans and direct and manage design consultants to ensure an accurate and complete set of construction drawings are prepared and ready at contract.
- Communicate regularly and closely with the general contractor's pre-construction team to ensure project scope, quantities and design elements are accurately captured in pricing proposals.
- Represent Company in all project design meetings with design consultants.
- Review all plans to ensure Company Standard Finishes are maintained.
- Solicit proposals and contract with accessibility consultant, pool designer, material testing, and FF&E.Coordinate dry utilities - electric, phone/cable, and gas utilities.
- Maintain and update Company Design Standards Manual.Maintain project design checklist.
- Assist Owner's Representative's with RFI's regarding design errors and ensure corrections are incorporated into drawing revisions.
- Review and approve interior design scheme, furniture layout, and the furniture.
- Review comments from accessibility consultants and insure the comments get incorporated into the construction plans and communicated timely.
- Coordinate AV, low voltage, and access control with consultants.
- Assist in final walks of units with CA Project Managers when necessary.
- Assist in the selection of phone and cable provider.Obtain building permits.
National Construction Workforce (NCW) is a recruiting firm based in Indianapolis, IN. NCW's Permanent Placement Division is comprised of diverse professionals who are laser-focused on providing top-notch recruiting services within the AEC Industry nationwide. We match opportunity, talent and culture with the best candidates and companies.
Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to get up to date information on job openings around the country!
Location/Region: Indianapolis, IN (US)