The General Manager directs the operations of all locations within a Region to ensure maximum performance through sales and operational management. The key responsibilities and accountabilities for the incumbent are to:The General Manager leads the management team of all locations within a defined region to exceed goals in revenue, operational and customer service performance. The General Manager will in coordination with Area Managers submit business projections and adjust resources to maximize performance opportunity. The General Managers will seek additional growth opportunity to include expansion in existing markets and potential expansion locations. The General Manager will make business presentations to Senior Leadership to support existing and growth potential.
- Analyze market data and communicate opportunities to Senior Leadership.
- Achievement of Operational goals and financial objectives.
- Continually increase growth in Market Share within marketplaces.
- Manage employees in RAC locations.
- Maintain high levels of employee satisfaction, specifically as measured by the company’s Pulse Survey.
- Maximize sales revenue by exceeding performance targets.
- Accurately forecast Region financial outcome based on projected rental volume.
- Proactive fleet management to maximize revenue and minimize asset costs.
- Ensure efficient utilization and effective control of vehicle inventory.
- Understand, interpret and analyze financial statements for region and locations.
- Identify opportunities for Greenfield locations.
- Provide ongoing support to Management & staff by training, coaching and motivating.
- Give specific performance feedback to Area Managers on a regular basis.
- Coordinate opening of new locations to include hiring of personnel.
- Maintain effective employee staffing levels based on estimated rental volume.
- Manage required administrative tasks, controls and reports.
- Ensure unparalleled customer satisfaction and address customer issues in a timely manner.
- Foster a strong union / employer working relationship
- Support Region safety program and ensure compliance of policy within all locations.
- Adhere to company policy and procedure
Mandatory Requirements Educational Background:
- Bachelors degree or High School degree with extensive experience in the car rental industry.
- Prior management experience in the car rental industry preferred.
- Financial and business acumen
- Customer service resolution practices
- Excellent communication techniques
- Labor & Employment law
- Operations savvy
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening. EEO/AA: Females/Minorities/Disabled/Vets
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ (US)