The Retail Marketing Promotions Coordinator is a multi-faceted role, responsible for the project management and execution of key initiatives to support Sierra Nevada’s retail marketing efforts. The position will work directly with Trade Marketing, Sales, Field Marketing and Creative teams to develop and execute best-in-class retail marketing programs during key time periods throughout the year. In addition, this role works collaboratively across teams to coordinate the development of key sales support materials and retail executions by class of trade to bring life to Sierra Nevada brands at retail.
Trade Marketing Program Execution
- Work with Trade Marketing, Field Marketing, Brand & Creative teams to develop and execute best-in-class national/regional retail marketing programs during key time periods throughout the year:
- Develop concept briefs outlining promotion objectives, execution details and all support materials
- Collaborate with the creative team to design all in-market support materials for each promotion
- Communicate retail execution details for each program to sales and field marketing team in time for retailer and wholesaler planning meetings
- Coordinate promotion roll-out and ensure all support materials are delivered to market on-time
- Execute promotions and manage all internal and external requests while promotions are in the market
- Coordinate support materials and execution of localized marketing programs for select regional markets that align with brand strategy
- Track and re-cap success of all promotions against objectives to determine how they can be improved each year
- Conduct research as needed including, but not limited to competitive analysis, in-market execution by class of trade and wholesaler/retailer needs
- Work directly with the Trade Marketing Manager to develop a best-in-class signature promotions for Sierra Nevada
- Track the retail promotions budget including invoice processing as needed and ensuring each promotion stays within budget as approved by Trade Marketing Manager
- Work with creative team to ensure digital asset management system with historical library of graphics, communications and sales support tools is maintained.
- Provide support as needed to the entire marketing team on a variety of projects across all channels of marketing (must be flexible and able to seamlessly adapt to changes in project objectives and directions).
- Coordinate delivery of sales samples (packaging materials) as needed.
- Participate in team brainstorms around planning, new product ideas, ad ideas, and other creative endeavors as appropriate.
Education & Experience (Required)
- Two years of experience in marketing or sales role focused on project management in a fast-paced environment is required. Beer experience ideal but not required.
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in business or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
- One year of project management experience required with proven experience driving complex projects through completion.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Required)
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams to deliver solutions to complex business problems
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and priorities by multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills, problem solving skills and ability to manage complex programs on budget with successful ROI
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and within cross-functional teams
- Must be comfortable working in a small, family-run environment and stay calm under pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and adapt to a quickly changing environment to meet the diverse needs of the retail environment
- Requires a passion for craft beer and excitement to share the passion with our customers
- Whatever it takes to get the job done determination.
This job operates primarily in a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. When on the road working in the market, this job is exposed to a variety of weather conditions, heat, cold, wind, rain and is required to work through them to support our customers.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift 44-pound cases without assistance and maneuver 168-pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- Occasional travel required, primarily to key markets for sales meetings and to work with sales team, field marketing team, & wholesalers to more effectively understand what is moving the needle at retail.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last five years.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment driver license check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work at Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver's license check.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Chico, CA