The Technical Agronomist will have working knowledge and experience with field production operations (mainly corn) and will work very closely with our science and engineering staff to execute and evaluate multidisciplinary research experiments. This is an excellent opportunity to work with leading edge technology and talented cross functional teams seeking to deliver the very best technologies.
- Execute greenhouse and field trials focused on characterizing crop development and seed production for research.
- Support field work for the team and key stakeholders.
- Execute collaborative applied research projects focused on the effects of varying environmental and physical conditions for improving seed production.
- Using appropriate tools and resources including: germination chambers, plug testing facilities, and analytical instruments to identify measurable, distinguishing features and characteristics during young plant development, as well as documenting findings.
- Actively participate in ESH programs on site.
- Diploma and 2-5 years of experience in Agronomy, Plant physiology, Biological Engineering or related fields.
- Must have a good understanding of corn production operations
- Must be willing to spend time in the field executing protocols
- Having a working knowledge of reproductive biology of corn would be a plus
- Must possess excellent communications skills including the ability to clearly present information and influence others through oral or written communications
- Willing to travel across the mid-western US to run field protocols
Every day at Hunter International, we connect clients with the best and brightest talent in their industry. We provide leading organizations nationwide with recruiting solutions that ensure an efficient and timely hiring process. In addition, we seek to understand job seekers’ skills and accomplishments, forging a career path that will enable them to reach their professional goals.
Hunter International Recruiting is certified as a women’s business enterprise through the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s largest third party certifier of businesses owned and operated by women in the US. We recognize the commitment to supplier diversity that is embraced by corporations and government agencies today, and we can add diversity to your supply chain.
Follow us on Twitter: @hirecruiting
Like us on Facebook: Hunter International
Follow us on Instagram: @hunterinternational
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO (US)